Sunday, March 12

Small Town

I went through town today a took a few shots to show you just how small this town really is. You see the general store first. They actually have a pretty good assortment of stuff, but more expensive of course. They have a feed store on one side and a laundrymat/showers on the other side. Apparently there are alot of people up here in the mountains who don't have running water. Mmm, yum
The next photo is the old post office. We do have a new one, and it is bigger and fancier, but it didn't look as cool in B&W :)
The next two are the old and new volunteer fire department stations. Of course it's all volunteer, and I've never seen any of them in three years. We don't have police here, just a sheriff who cruises through every now and then.





10 comments:

Michael said...

I've lived in towns just like that.

Take Care
Michael

Unknown said...

Yup, that's small. Do they have a town hall? School? I bet they have a bar or two!! Heehehhhee

Leesa said...

Most neighbors around here do know everyone...personally I'm kind of a hermit, so I don't know everyone.
We do have a community center, which I didn't post. We have a preschool, but the bigger schools are in the next town.
Believe it or not, we don't have a bar, but all of the other little towns around us at least have two! And, they are always busy :)

Nature Girl said...

Wow! Never thought I would see a town smaller than my hometown in MI. We had several bars, but only one elementary school..anything over 5th grade had an hour bus ride! Sometimes I miss smalltown life. Stacie

Dee said...

The town near us is very small too. A gas station, fire hall, bowling alley, two churches and a hardware store. That is it. Small can be nice but it can be nasty too. Everyone knows your business and what they don't know, they make up. *s*
Oh, we have a school, two churches but no bars.

Marianna said...

Your town looks like the town I lived in when I was married. Ok, except the snow. And the mountains. And the fire dept. We didn't have a fire dept... kinda skeery now that I think about it.

M~

Anonymous said...

awww!!it's sooo cute!!! what's the population? i'm from a small town but i bet my town is way bigger than that!!

Samantha Alice said...

How cool. I feel like my 7,000+ town is a metropolis now!

Leesa said...

We do have a couple of churches, but I couldn't tell you what they were!
Our town has about 700+.

Leesa said...

We do have a mailbox, but it's about 1/2 mile from the house. We have to take our trash to a local dump.