I've had two really interesting things happen to me this week.
1-as you know I have been so blah the last couple of weeks. I just didn't have much energy, wanted to sleep alot and just felt BLAH.
Today, even though it has been snowing all morning, the sun has peeked through a couple of times. The sun coming through the windows and hitting me in the face made me feel almost rejuvinated. Then I remembered that one day last week, same thing. We had ONE morning of sun and it was just beautiful. Spring like. I felt great. I actually sat out on the porch for awhile and just soaked it in.
I must be dragged down lately by all the cold and grey and just didn't even realize it. Go figure. I need spring. Soon.
Of course we are under a winter storm warning again. Snow expected all week. Hmmph.
2-I'm a meat eater. I'm surprised by that sometimes considering how I feel about animals.
But I do like meat and we eat it pretty often. Plus, I'm not big on eating carbs very often, so meat and fish are a big part of my diet.
Until, the big Meat Smoking event. The preparation, the smell, the checking on it every half hour. Then, dealing with it afterwards, the cutting it up and taking alot of it off the bones, then packaging it up. Uggh. There was meat everywhere, on me, on my counters..all over the smoker.
Somehow that has totally turned me off meat. I haven't touched it all week and I have absolutely no desire to eat meat. Weird?
Course my hubs is going to choke me since he did this for me so I have food to eat on when he's gone.
I tried to have some for lunch today and the smell, the texture, everything just grossed me out.
I'm either going to have to freeze it or give it away. Hubs will be so pleased with this new me.
You think it's a phase?
10 comments:
I don't think it's a phase. I like meat, but I do not care for it smoked. The smell ... the flavor, too much.
If you're going to be a Montanan, you'd better change, little missy!
Wendy--it's not the smoke part...I loved smoked meat until this happened.
Os--not vegetarian Montanans???
Hmmm, very interesting. I would have thought if you were going to experience a change it would have been while your were working in a vet's office.
I didn't eat meat for 10 years. Red meat that is. I think that's because my mom wasn't good at cooking meat. Now, I am definitely a meat eater and I think it's sinful what some of these restaurants and grocery stores do to you while you are trying to shop!! LOL
Ok ~ not related, but as soon as I clicked on your blog, "My Lumps" commercial for Verizon came on... LOL
Hey, maybe you need one of those lamps that folks have been discussing to help you thru the winter blahs.
I eat some form of meat every day ~ whether it's a sandwich with turkey or my dinner. But yeah, I can see how Susie's comments about veins would turn anyone off! LOL
Every 7 years, your taste buds change. Just useless information.
M~
Pam--you're right. If I was going to be grossed out by meat..working in an ER animal hospital..and working surgery could have done that. I'm not sure what's going on. But at this very moment, I don't even want to touch meat.
soozie--funny you mention that. Once I worked at a restaurant and had to prepare a duck..it was so gross. Never ever touched duck after that.
Chickie--maybe my tastes did change...we'll see :)
I've been like that alot this winter..on sunny days, I'm almost my old self again, very bubbly and very energized, I can take on the world...but when it's cold and grey, I don't even want to get out of bed. Even for things I like to do. I just feel awful! Today was sunny and as long as I was out in it, I was fine, but when I came it, YUK! Today was the first day I made the connection about it though. Weird huh? We're about the same age I think, maybe we'll grow out of it? LOL And the meat thing....If I have to pick it off the bone or prep it, I'm not a big fan of eating it for awhile, but when someone else cooks it, I'm all over it. Just freeze it for now, it'll keep. Stacie
ps...only 14 more days till spring! :)
Last time I heard a woman talk like that about how she felt all the time, and that the thought of meat sickened her teriblally, she became the Mother of our first child.
Sorry to break it to you honey! LOL
Hey, if it is what you wanted and you are cool! If is not what you wanted and you are, then frankly, I don't know what to say. :0( Which happens to be a very odd sensatoin for me since I always have something to say.
Good Luck!
You are SOOO pregnant. :)
Anyway, I hate cooking meat and rarely do, but I love a good hamburger or steak. Chicken. Okay, I will eat good meat if I don't have to prepare it. Grosses me out to touch it too...
No no no no no....I'm not pregnant.
Of this I am positive :)
Yes, I'm ready for spring. I think these grey days are starting to get to me.
Post a Comment