Thursday, March 2

13



Thirteen Things I've learned since Moving to Montana, Part 2

1. I learned how to split wood, even though I'm very bad at it.
2. I learned how to get my truck out of a spin. Again, not very good at it.
3. I learned how to give a horse injections in the butt. Carefully.
4. I learned how to make homemade jam.
5. I learned that deer will react to my voice.
6. I learned how to haul 80# bales of hay by myself.
7. I learned that the bear aren't always afraid of people.
8. I learned that if you pick up a turtle on the side of the road, they will pee on you.
9. I learned that shoveling snow is quite the workout, especially if it's over 4 inches.
10. I learned that the more you drink, the less cold it feels outside.
11. I learned one of the best things is sitting around a bonfire when it's really cold.
12. I learned that my butt can handle being fallen on alot more than I thought it could.
13. I learned to adjust without restaurants, fast food, delivery, donut shops, ice cream shops, hair salons, malls, coffee shops, little sidewalk cafe's, and book stores. :(


Links to other Thursday Thirteens!

1.Shelli
2.Denise
3.K~
4.Stacie
5.Sherri
6.Karen
7.Dcroe
8.Uisce
9.Ladybug
10.Kdubs
11.Scouser
12.LazyDaisy
13.Dawn
14.FeedScott
15.Dariana


Get the Thursday Thirteen code here!

The purpose of the meme is to get to know everyone who participates a little bit better every Thursday. Visiting fellow Thirteeners is encouraged! If you participate, leave the link to your Thirteen in others comments. It’s easy, and fun! Be sure to update your Thirteen with links that are left for you, as well! I will link to everyone who participates and leaves a link to their 13 things. Trackbacks, pings, comment links accepted!


22 comments:

pkeclub said...

great list, i bet you didnt know you had so much to learn

Anonymous said...

You haven't learned to make bombs yet? ;)

Just Me said...

We've had snow here but only about 4 inches. I can't imagine living with 4 ft of the stuff!

My TT is up

Unknown said...

lol ew number eight lol I love this list.

Anonymous said...

It's great living like that, huh? Although I miss the city life, I wouldn't trade this small town (almost too small to be called a "town")life for anything!

Happy Thursday!

My 13 are up.

Denise

Unknown said...

www.whatssonmymind.blogspot.com

Michael said...

I always love reading the thirteens and learning more about you.

The turtle thing cracked me up. Been there.

Take Care
Michael

Marianna said...

LOL ~ I agree with Michael. That one cracked me up, too. But thanks for saving my li'l friends!

M~

Tara said...

The turtle comment was priceless...see all of the new things I learn from your site :)

Unknown said...

Tell us how you came to choose a life so different from your Texas life?

Nature Girl said...

You ARE a kindred spirit! I stop and move turtles out of the road too...I almost lost some fingers in FL once...LOL

I love this list..a great idea!
mine are up too..
Stacie

Micehelly said...

Nice list - although I do not know if I could learn to live without the coffee shops. I usually make my own, but if I am out and have a coffee emergency, I need them.

Come see my very first Thursday Thirteen at http://askdaddy.blogspot.com/2006/03/thursday-thirteen.html

Peanutt said...

I love sitting around bonfires!!!
Your comment about falling on your butt made me LOL and think of those toilet paper commercials where the little kid would stuff their pants full of the toilet paper so they wouldn't get hurt!

Dale Challener Roe said...

even more than the list I love the picture of the dog.


My 13 is up at my new Blog address

Anonymous said...

You seem to be learning quite a bit over in Montana. Thank you for visiting my 13.

Lazy Daisy said...

Loved your list, seems like you are adjusting well. Thanks for coming by!

Anonymous said...

I can split wood and make homemade jam as well. I am definitely better with the jam, lol. What a wonderful list. You have learned a lot. Happy TT!

Robin Alexa said...

All very good things to have learned. Those kids have nothing on us.

Sherri said...

Shovelling is a DEFINITE workout!! ...we just got a big dump here this week, so I know!

...thanks for popping by my list!

Anonymous said...

Wow, you are certainly learning a lot of hands on stuff! I've learned too that when you pick up a turtle on the side of the road, not only will he pee on you, but he may try to bite you too!

I can also pull my car out of a spin, but I'm not very good at it. I think that kind of thing takes practice.

My 13 are up.

Ladybug Crossing said...

It sounds like you live out in the country like we do. Have you read 50 Acres and A Poodle? You'd love it!!
Thanks for dropping by my TT today!
LadyBug

LizzieDaisy said...

You're so funny. I have to say though, I've picked up a lot of turtles in my life and I've never been peed on. I must wonder... :)

Shoveling snow bites. You get married so you don't have to do that sort of thing you know!