Monday, March 13

Busy Brain









I keep having this recurring dream.


I've had it for years, and it's almost always the same.
I'm in school, usually high school. I know the school, I know the people, it's not like it's my first day.
But when the bell rings, I can't remember where my class is. I can't remember how to get around the school. So my first thought is to get to my locker and get my class schedule. Of course finding my locker is also difficult. I walk through this school trying to remember where my locker is. The school is usually huge and has several different sections. I seem to remember last night that the school had a "new" section and an "old" section and I kept winding up in the old section. Plus, the old section was as if I had walked into a ghetto like area. Whereas the "new" section was like new and shiny like I had walked into Beverly Hills or something.

If I finally do find my locker, I can't remember the combination. It's a very frustrating dream. I tried to look it up but there isn't really anything that explains it.
It's usually the same each time.

Oh, except for this time, Tony Soprano was walking through the school with me :)

16 comments:

Michael said...

A remember a few college days where this was a real event for me. What class did I have next?

I guess I killed too many brain cells the night before.

Take Care
Michael

Samantha Alice said...

I had recurring dreams about bears in the woods (oooh, I guess that's not a dream for you, hunh?) and alligators under the beds ...

Make up a combination before you go to sleep, or mentally replace the combo with a lock and key, which is on a chain around your neck. They say you can fix recurring dreams by solving them before you go to sleep. Luck!

bestbuddie said...

Leesa, I have this exact same dream and have for years! Never had the "new" section before, but the being lost, and can't find the locker, not knowing the combination. I have had this dream for years off and on. Wonder what it means?

Unknown said...

That is wild. I have the dream where I have to go back and finish high school. In the dream I say, 'well how can that be, I have a bachelors degree?' I used to have it alot. But I don't anymore. I may send you an email with my junior freudian/jungian interpretation. I bet Marianna could help too.

Kat said...

Actually this type of recurring dream is very common. I also have variations of this dream repeatedly.

In school we are constantly being examined or tested. There is also intense social pressure.

The feeling of being lost and not being able to remember where to go or how to get into your locker represents and intense fear of failing a test or task.

Often, dreams of school represent a feeling of unfinished business or a confusion about what to do next in life.

When you add in things like being at school and clothing missing, it means a fear of being exposed to your peers.

I've been having lots of anxiety about my current job and my future path which explains why I keep dreaming about going back to school. :) Just focus on the things that are troubling you and I bet you'll figure out what's causing yours.

Marianna said...

Very good, Carrie! That's an awesome interpretation and so true!

I have never had a recurring dream. I wonder why that is.

You know, you got an outright chuckle out of me when you mentioned Tony in your dream! Now THAT is awesome. Can you imagine showing up to school with him there? No.One would bug you!

M~

Cheyenne said...

That has happened to me...only it was real. No kidding. I was always lost in school. Never knew my locker combination. Never wrote it down, never memorized it or if I did, I would forget it. I really don't know how I made it all the way through. Because I never knew where my next class was either. I relied on my classmates a lot back in those days.

Robin Alexa said...

I have one about high school where I have to write all of my exams but I haven't been to one class all year. Very stressful. I hate it.

janet copenhaver said...

Thanks for the compliment on one of my posted photos. I don't hold a candle to your photos, simply awesome. I also like your website design.
Weird but I hava a similar dream about my high school days and not being able to find my locker. I also have a recurring dream about being in an elevator that swings back and forth and even turns upside down.

Nature Girl said...

I will look this up in one of my dream intrepretation books, but my first thought is this: Sounds like you have some unfinished "old" business that you need to tend to before you can move on to the "new" section of school (life) Hmmmm..I'll let you know if my books say anything interesting.

Anonymous said...

I see that Heineken has come out with a new light beer.

What say you Leesa?

TheGoat

Leesa said...

These are all very interesting answers, and in some ways in my life right now it does make sense. BUT..I've been having that same dream for years. Thanks for all your answers, these are great!
Bob--Heineken light?? Hmm..will have to inspect that :)

Shephard said...

Dream interpretation books are cookbooky and generic. Their analysis will be like reading your horoscope: generalized. Your subscious doesn't communicate to you from a book, but from your own biases and feelings about objects and issues. The best way to understand your dream is to think about the feelings and responses you had in the dream freshly after you had it. These will be the clues to your own symbology in your dreams. Recurring dreams are symbolic of recurring issues in your life, not just current.

I used to dream about not being able to get my locker open, even thought I knew the combo! And making it on time to class. I haven't dreamed those dreams in years and years. But after my post today, and your post as well, I'll probably dream about it tonight! ;)
Great post. :)
~S

pkeclub said...

hey if you arent going to remember anything and are in a tuff spot it is always good to have Tony with you

Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

Ugh...high school. Hated it....I am SO glad I don't dream about it!

But the Tony Soprano part is pretty damn cool! :)

Anonymous said...

if i were a dream interpreter, i would say you have something holding you back. or you are just really bad with directions and memory. hehe.