
It's grey and cold this morning. 32 degrees has chilled the house up quite a bit. Most of the snow is melted now, but we will probably get another blast soon.
Otis still has his sneeze. Critter has a pretty bad eye infection and he's not very happy with me treating it. It's the cutest thing to see him wipe that eye a million times after I put something in it :)
I was watching Imus this morning like I do just about every morning, and they got into this big discussion over the South Park issue. It cracks me up really. If you've kept up with this at all, and if you're a SouthPark viewer, then you already know what I'm talking about, and already know how ridiculous this is.
I have no issues with Scientology, but geesh--get a sense of humor. I realize that South Park can go too far, but this isn't the issue. The issue is below :
What I really loved was this quote by Isaac Hayes: "There is a place in this world for satire, but there is a time when satire ends and intolerance and bigotry towards religious beliefs of others begins," the soul legend said. "Religious beliefs are sacred to people and at all times should be respected and honored. As a civil rights activist of the past 40 years, I cannot support a show that disrespects those beliefs and practices." , followed up by this one by Matt Parker and Trey Stone: "This is 100 percent having to do with his faith of Scientology," Stone told the Associated Press. "He has no problem--and he's cashed plenty of checks--with our show making fun of Christians. In 10 years and over 150 episodes of South Park, Isaac never had a problem with the show making fun of Christians, Muslim, Mormons or Jews".
"So, Scientology, you may have won THIS battle, but the million-year war for earth has just begun! … You have obstructed us for now, but your feeble bid to save humanity will fail!" --Trey & Matt.
I just love these guys:)
8 comments:
I used to be the biggest South Park and Family Guy fan. I loved their crude humor and thought that people who thought it was wrong had no sense of humor. Lately my thoughts have been changing. Some things are still really funny and shouldn't always be taken seriously, but sometimes I think both the shows go too far. I guess I'm a LOSER :P hehe
SOrry I haven't been around lately! I havne't been very bloggy, but I'm starting to get back into blogging, so I'll be back around soon!!!
PS Love the photo!! Beautiful!!!
You know, I talk about MASH often (me watching it every nite). That show has GOT to be one of the most sexist (& many other "ist"s) I've seen. And you know what? I laugh every.single.time. They make jokes on religion, race, sexual harassment, sexual preference... they got it covered!
I don't take it seriously, or I would be calling the Hallmark channel & demanding them take it off the network. I think sometimes we should just all laugh. It's not out to hurt anyone. Just a chuckle. If you don't like it, change the damn channel!
M~
B& I said the same thing they did... Isaac didn't have ANY trouble making fun of the Mormons or anyone else's religion. But Scientology pressures people. He caved.
And I saw the ep. in question, with TC, and it was HILARIOUS!
I have friends who work inside the movie industry and everyone in the industry allegedly knows TC is gay. Me thinks he doth (allegedly) protest too much. lol ;)
Love South Park for having the guts to do what they do, even when they cross the line of good taste.
~S
Did you watch last night? Chef came back and was talking in sound bytes they had cut from other shows and the kids were going "what's wrong with Chef?" It was SO FUNNY!
everyone knows Matt and Trey slam everyone!
I think Tom Cruise is doing more to hurt Scientology than anything Matt and Trey have done.
tc
The current word around Memphis (where Isaac Hayes is from and where he lives) is that he had a debilitating stroke last week. After the reported stroke, a member of the very large Scientology PR made the statement on his behalf. They are saying that he may or may not have felt that way.
I did watch the episode in question, and the season premier...I thought they were both great. It's comedy, geesh. I have seen a couple of episodes where I did think they went a little overboard, but oh well.
It's funny..
Philip, as usual, all we usually have is the news to go by, so that's where I heard all of this.
This was not only a blow for Isaac, how can anyone take him seriously after his contracdictions and hypocrisy, but yet another blow to Scientology which is proving to be more and more narrow minded and judgmental. I LOVE South Park ever since that Christmas email card sent years ago before the show even started. Jesus vs Santa..they rock!
Post a Comment