Monday, March 13

Sleepy Ramble

It's 3:48am....why am I awake?

Murphy Brown is on tv, I love that show.
The fire has died out, it's a little chilly in here.
I'm remembering now how I forgot to mention that my lower level flooded on Friday. Didn't I tell ya??

Yes, about 10 minutes before the hubs drove up, I headed downstairs to let the dogs out and stepped into about 2 inches of water. Soapy water. Confused? I was.
The main thing I remember most though, is that I was so relieved that finally the hubs would be home for the latest Montana issue. I actually laughed now that I think about it.

I followed the water to find the source and realized that it wasn't flowing anymore, so I just left it as is until the hubs got home. I wasn't quite sure what to do anyway. I am thankful now that we had gotten rid of all the carpet last year.

To make a long story short it has something to do with the septic line. I think.
But...it was water from the washing machine, not yucky water as you might imagine. Uggh...I would have been a very unhappy girl.
We got it cleaned up...the downstairs floor is really clean now.
Thank goodness for ShopVacs :)

Oh and The Sopranos was great...did you watch??

6 comments:

Marianna said...

Did I watch?!?! HELLL YESSS! I don't think I breathed at all that last few minutes!

Good grief ~ can you imagine the mess & the smell if it was the REAL septic?! Peee Yooouuuu!

Girl, I hope you got some sleep.

M~

Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

Yeah, at least it was clean water! :)

And nope, I don't watch that show...but believe me, that's all that's been on the radio today! :)

Anonymous said...

ugh!! i'm glad it was washer water and not pooey water!!

Unknown said...

Wenchy over at Laura's says she had a flood in her house yesterday. Hope it's not catchy.
Okay, that was kinda dorky.

Nope, sorry don't do the Soprano's. We watched the latest Harry Potter again.

You know, I just love coming to your site in the morning. Have a great day.

Leesa said...

Yes, I'm very thankful it was just water from the washing machine...can you imagine how clean it smells downstairs now?? I have someone coming today to fix it.
Oh and Sopranos..geesh. My heart was beating fast at the end!

Osbasso said...

Ooh--bummer about the water. I snickered at your thoughts about Hubs being home for this one!

I don't do HBO, so Sopranos is lost on me...