Friday, March 3

Recovery

I'm slowly on the mend, thank goodness. That was the strangest illness I've ever had. As of today, it's just a sore throat and a little wooziness.

I was chatting with a friend the other night who had brought up
Carbon Monoxide poisoning and if I had monitors in my house. Actually yes, I have two. Still in their boxes from when I bought them months ago. :P
I actually remember the reason we hadn't opened them and put them up, is the realtor who sold us our house told us their is really very minimal chances of carbon monoxide poisoning in our home. Everything is either electric or wood heated.
The symptoms are basically flu like. Hmmm.
Just the mention from my friend kind of had me concerned. So, I located the monitors and opened them up and read the instructions/symptoms/causes. The potential causes of carbon monoxide poisoning are:

*Blocked Chimney
Furnace
Attached Garage
*Fireplace
*Water Heater
Range Hood
*Clothes Dryer
*Portable Heater

Hmm...I have 5 of those. Now he had me all concerned. So, I hooked up the monitor and plugged it in. Luckily everything seems to be fine.

The hubs is on his way home today, but is actually stuck in Seattle right now because of bad weather in Spokane. Seems to be frozen fog. Frozen fog--bet that looks kind of funny :)
We have a winter weather advisory going on and storm coming through. They "say" we could have up to 7 inches of snow. We'll see. I'm so glad I'm feeling better in case I have to deal with it alone.

I've also decided that Thursdays are my busiest blogging days. They wear me out!
With HNT, Thursday Thirteen,
Thursday Theme and just thinking about Photo Friday and SPF just boggles my brain. I think that's why I keep forgetting SPF....it gets put last on the list. I am going to try to remember to start playing again.

So, that's my latest. Come to think of it ( **knocks on wood**) no catastrophes this week! Yay :)

6 comments:

Nature Girl said...

I'm glad your feeling better Leesa! I never thought of Carbon Monoxide! YIKES! That's scary. I agree, Thursday is my busiest blog day too...same reasons mostly, minus HNT, but also I work on Friday mornings, so have to have SPF ready before I go if possible! Yikes. Hope hubs makes it home safely for the weekend! Stacie

Unknown said...

Glad you are feeling better. We had to get a new furnace for that reason a couple years ago. Thought kaylie had the flu and it turned out to be CM We just by dumb luck wanted our furnace cleaned and inspected before winter and I had just turned it on a couple days prior cause it was cold. Well she starts getting sick. Usually when she would go out the door. So we took her to the doctor and just mentioned to him that the furnace guy said it could be CM and the doctor looked at her cherry red lips and says that is the first sign of it. So watch your lips if they get redder than usual that could be. I have since gotten two monoxide detectors with the new furnace so we are good to go.

Marianna said...

I've been so bad about SPF too. I really wanted to play this week, but I couldn't find a decent pair of jeans. And I know I haven't been emailing you the SPF... lol. But I'll start doing that next week too!

Gal, I'm so glad you got those machines plugged in. And I'm glad you're almost 100%. I sure as heck wouldn't have thought of CM either.

M~

(3 attempts on word verification... LOL)

Unknown said...

I am thinking....TWM is the "friend you were chatting with".
But I am duly impressed. Hadn't occured to me either. Congrats to your friend but most importantly, I am so glad to hear you are feeling better. I was just about to make some recommendations concerning the vitamins and shake. Like, stop them and see if you feel better. I couldn't think of anything else to try since your symptoms didn't really sound like a virus or cold bug. Thank goodness for no catastrophies (sp?) this week.

Wendy said...

I haven't even finished reading this .. I stopped at where you wrote you have 2 CO detectors still in the box ... ANY - any heat source can produce CO. CO is odorless and colorless. You will have flu like symptoms, headache, etc -- and fall asleep and never wake up. People can have power vents too low to the ground, and then it snows, blocking the vent, thus forcing the CO back into the house, chimneys can get blocked with bird nests, etc ... CO then comes back into the house, people lose power and run a gas powered generator in the house .... with exhausting, ... CO builds up, I could go on and on ... GET YOUR DETECTORS up. Not sure if this is just a Massachusetts law, but Nicole's law just went into effect. It's a small price to pay for CO detectors -- rather than not -- and having something catostrophic happen. PLEASE put them up. Please. I work in a fire department. At least 3 times a week we're called out for CO detectors going off. Most times it's just a malfunction -- but once in a while .... your pets will suffer first, you won't even realize it. Please please please put them up -- AND anyone reading this -- please put them up. I could talk on and on about this ... check the net on any state fire marshal website and you'll see the stuff on CO. Here is the link for MA CO info ... it's no myth.

K ... off my soapbox now ... will return to reading your post!!

Redhead Editor said...

Oh this is too easy... It's been a long time since I've had 7 inches. Enjoy it while you can. (See, I told you it was too easy.)

And do what Wendy says.