Wednesday, March 15

Meow

Did I tell you I was part cat??

I know most of you reading will laugh at that remark, and maybe even agree. The hubs always teases me that I must have cat in me because I can communicate with them very well. There has been many a time that I have dealt with a strange cat and talked it into being my friend, just to have someone say, "That cat usually hates strangers".
Or when I used to work Animal ER, and was always called when dealing with an aggressive, mean cat.

But that's not my point tonight.
I've decided that I must have nine lives. Definitely.
I don't usually blog about all the times I feel like I could have killed myself here, only because I don't want to freak people out. But, I usually can walk away and laugh that I've used one of my nine lives. I'm afraid now that I might be getting pretty low.

I always joke that I live Murphy's Law here, but I also have to admit that someone's watching over me too.
I never mentioned the time that I crawled up onto the hay stack to rescue a cat, just wouind up causing me, cat and alot of hay falling over. Took me forever to get the hay out of my hair.
Couple of bruises, that's all.
Or the time I got up on a very wobbly ladder to try to get two cats out of a tree. It was a bad ladder, and I had to stand on the very top step to reach one of them.
Or how about the time my truck about ran off the road. Did I tell you that? OH my, did I almost have heart failure. Our roads are horrible here in the winter, we call them "washboard" because they have so many ripples and holes. So..when you're driving, you try to avoid these holes. I was doing this one day when my tires went just a tad too far off the road and tried to go off the road.
When I say off the road, I'm not exaggerating. If I had gone off the road, I would have tumbled...alot. Luckily, I thought quickly and ripped that steering wheel as far as I could the opposite way and didn't go over. BUT...I ripped it so far over that I almost went over the other side. Whew...thinking about that now still gives me the heebie jeebies.

Anyway...tonight I had another use of a life.
Our firewood is stacked outside the house, downstairs. There's not the greatest light down there. I went down to gather some wood to bring back upstairs, but climbed up on some of it to get some smaller pieces. Should I go on??
I brought half the wood down with me. Me and a pile of wood. Yeah...it hurt. Yeah...I'll have a few bruises. But, I'll live.

It's just interesting to me, the life I live here.
Who'da thought, eh?
But, as I limped back upstairs, with my several pieces of wood, I thought to myself that I had used another life.

And then I thought..."I should blog about this."

9 comments:

Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

Good Lord, girl!!! Kudos to your guardian angel....you sure are keeping her busy! :)

Be careful!

Marianna said...

The Cat Whisperer...

Your new name! :D

As long as the lives you use are endless, then a few bruises & bumps along the way are ok.

Be careful, chick! Hey, maybe you can incorporate your bruises into HNT! LOL

M~

Anonymous said...

Ouch! You better be careful! Even with nine lives....those get used up fast!

Im A Foto Nut said...

I have always joked that I am part cat. Not because I love cats, because I don't. Well, I don't hate either but if given a choice I would rather not have any pets.

No, the reason I am part cat is that I nap so much. I have always said, when in doubt, take a nap.

I have fallen asleep in a chinese resturant, at lunch time, and now own the snapshot my then wife took to prove it.

So when it comes to naps, MEEEEEEOW!

Anonymous said...

I loved this post, I too think I MUST be part cat. There is no way I had all this adventure without having at least 8 other lives, lol.

Have a great day!

Redhead Editor said...

I always knew you were part cat, calm, brave, aloof, regal, and loyal. Doesn't surprise me a bit. Bruises aside, I would have worried about splinters from the wood pile. And as much as your bloggy friends love you, we can't get a splinter out over the internet. Be careful, dear puddy cat.

Michael said...

*MEOW*

Take Care
Michael

Leesa said...

Hey I have been called a Cat Whisperer before!!
And bruises in HNT?? Not sure that's very purty :P
I'm careful..just sometimes I'm clumsy.

Unknown said...

We're just gonna call you GRACE!!

And I ditto Redhead Editor!!