Thursday, May 5

Top Ten (or 12, 15, whatever)

I decided to copy The Artful Blogger and list a Top Ten of Movies I like.

I decided to go through the movies I own, since I always buy the movies I really like.
As I was going through them I realized that I usually only buy feel good movies!
I used to love scary movies and tear jerkers, but I guess I've changed!!
I also seemed to pick the ones that I can watch over and over and over again.

Anyway, here's my list of a few of my favorites:

*While You Were Sleeping
*Dream For An Insomniac
*Men in Black 1 & 2
*Steel Magnolias--although I have to turn it off briefly when Shelby goes into the hospital.
*Fargo
*Finding Nemo
*O Brother Where Art Thou
*Lonesome Dove
*You've Got Mail
*Sleepless in Seattle (gotta love Meg Ryan and Tom Hanks!)
*The Shining (the original with Jack Nicholson)
*Halloween
*JAWS!!
*Sweet Home Alabama
*Two Weeks Notice
*Blue Collar Comedy Tour 1 & 2 (these are DAYUM funny!)

Now I know there are many others I'm not thinking of...mainly dramas. I wonder why I didn't buy those?
I recently purchased Mystic River & Spanglish, but haven't watched them yet.
I thought Unfaithful with Diane Lane was pretty good. But probably wouldn't watch it again.

Officer & A Gentleman is a good one. I'm not a big Mel Gibson fan (sorry Laura!!), but I have seen most of his movies except for Braveheart & The Passion. No desire to see either.
I did like The Patriot!! Oh and Titanic...I could watch that again.

Oh and I've bought my favorite TV show seasons on DVD. I can watch Sex & The City over and over again! I also bought Friends, Reba, Alias & Seinfeld. Oh and Southpark.

Can you tell I spend too much time in front of my TV?


16 comments:

Laura said...

I like ~Sweet Home Alabama~, too. I like Reese Witherspoon. And my favorite part in Fargo is when Frances comes up on scary man running his partner through the woodchipper and she points to her hat and says, "Police!". It always cracks me up.
~L.

Marianna said...

I liked Unfaithful too... gawd, he was soooo hot!

Sex & the City was such an AWESOME show. My friend Stacey & I could relate to the characters immensly. Of COURSE Seinfeld! lol...

And who isn't a Friend?!

M~

Leesa said...

That's one of my favorite parts too, Laura! Also when she's about to vomit looking at those bodies! Dang, most of that movie is funny!
"What d'ya mean? What d'ya mean?"
M~ I so miss Sex and the City!! I was really looking forward to the Movie, but it looks like it might be awhile!

Marianna said...

I think the movie isn't gonna happen. Kim Cattrall got too big for her thong.

:(

M~

Leesa said...

OMG M~! I thought the same thing! She left S&C with this way too big EGO and say's she's too busy now to do the movie and wants to make as much as Sarah.
Give me a break!

Nicolette said...

Good list.

Yeah, where I'm moving they all sounds like Marge -- they deny it though.

"I'll fix ya some egg."

Dee said...

I am not big on chick movies. I loved Fargo, Casablanca, City of Angels (there are a few chick movies I like),Shawshank Redemption, Cold Mountain, White Chicks, Dirty Dancing, Ghost, Thirteen ghosts, Without a Paddle,Pirates of the Carribean, (anything with bloom or depp is fine for me). I like fantasy and loved all the LOrd of the Ring movies. And anything with sean connery in but his bond movies.

I never got into sex and the city. Not my type of show. I have not seen the sopranos for awhile because we did not have hbo for awhile. Now that I have it back I will be watching it.

Leesa said...

Wow, totally forgot about The Sopranos!! We really liked that show...I can't believe the break is so long. I think I will buy that too, waiting for the price to come down. I really like Huff too.
Loved Shawshank & Cold Mountain. I don't know why I blanked on drama's. I guess I remember things that make me laugh more!! I haven't seen Ladder 49 yet, but is sounds really good!

CheekyMoo said...

I adored Sex and the City. I have the seasons on DVD. There is one on Showtime that I love too, Dead Like Me. I like your taste in movies. I love Sweet Home Alabama. I'm a big softy for Disney films. We really liked The Incredibles. I saw your post above about Bridget Jones. You will like the second one. I had to snag the soundtrack for it too. I listen to that in the car a lot.

Leesa said...

I bought The Incredibles, haven't watched it yet! I did used to be a big Disney fan, even owned them all, but I've been kind of slack. I gave all the movies, except my favorites, to my nephew.
I kept Aladdin, Toy Story, Beauty & The Beast, and a couple of others.
I'm waiting for Bridget 2 to come to PPV!

Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

I feel so out of the loop...I never watched one episode of Sex in the City! :) I do watch TV though...I'm a big "Lost" and "Survivor" junkie...;)

Good list of movies there...I don't think I'll even attempt one...it'd take me FOREVER to decide! :)

Katya Coldheart said...

stacy you don't know what you are missing...i have SITC and seinfeld on DVD too...kim cattrall is doing t-bag adverts over here...she isn't exactly swamped with offers...lol

:0)

Leesa said...

I would still watch the SITC movie without Kim Catrall!

Leesa said...

SITC is really awesome! I think you can rent them these days. They've been playing them on TBS, but of course tuned down! I bought all the seasons, I highly recommend it!!

Bird On A Line said...

If you like Jaws, you should see Open Water! YIKES! :)

Dee said...

I saw Sex In The City but it is not what I would watch. I am more of a CSI fan. The original, not the other two. I tried watching Lost but missed the first two episodes so I could not figure out the complete story line. Someone told me I had to watch it from the beginning.