Tuesday, May 10

Traditions

I have this tradition with one of my friends.
We have been exchanging the same box, a photo box, back and
forth every few weeks or months. It doesn't matter when.
We put small tokens of friendship in them. Nothing overly
expensive. Maybe a Christmas ornament, with our favorite candy.
A cute address book. A trinket box. Necklace. Earrings. Books.
keychains. You name it.
We never know when the box is coming back to us, so it's always
a nice surprise!! It's really great when it comes on a bad day!

That led me to this next idea that Greekchickie and I have been discussing.
She makes Greek goodies. I bake cookies everynow and then and little
fun desserts or candy. Laura bakes and paints, etc etc. I'm sure there are
neat designs and treats made by alot of you out there.
How fun would it be to exchange these everynow and then? Obviously some
can't afford to send to EVERYBODY, or monthly, or anything like that.
M~ is sending some greek cookies to Laura and I. Maybe next time, I will
send out some cookies to Laura & M~ and maybe the Peanut Queen, and so
on and so on and so on!! I'm guessing that Memphis Steve could think of
interesting things to send along!

It doesn't have to be food, or anything expensive. Just a treat!

I just thought this would be something fun, especially since I probably won't
be able to join in the BloggyFriend weekends!!

Anyone interested?!?!?

8 comments:

Marianna said...

Count me in! I'm just thrilled to do this with you!

M~

Katya Coldheart said...

i've sent things to steve and the peanut queen, and two other bloggers...its fun...

:0)

Laura said...

That sounds great!! And Jesus, Steve...don't send anything ALIVE.
I can see it now...
~L.

Leesa said...

Yes Katya! I remember the chocolate eggs you sent out!
I was thinking more on this last night and was thinking that if we send something that's specific to us, like Greekchickie's Greek cookies or maybe for me some Montana huckleberry chocolates...etc etc. Not always of course, I don't have THAT many interesting things about me..but ya'll catch my drift, right?
Laura could do something "baby powder" related! hee hee.

Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

That sounds interesting! I don't bake a whole lot ('cause I always end up eating most of it anyways!) but I'm sure I could come up with something...:)

Marianna said...

oh gawd... Laura... no baby powder, please!

But hey, ACEOs are ALWAYS welcome!

;)
M~

Laura said...

Yeah, I think we will ixnay the baby powder in the house all together. Ugh..It's still settling. I don't want to limit it to just Maryland stuff though! We'll work up something I am sure!
~L.

Leesa said...

I would love to share my scenery with you guys!!
I'm still thinking "homemade" things to share with each other. I will probably make my puffy cookies!!
Start sending addresses!!
TXN2MT(at)AOL(dot)com