Blaze has Laminitis which is pretty close to what we guessed. Four very painful feet. We don't really have a reason, but at least I have the medications to treat it. I can now give crushed pills which will be so much easier and some injections in the muscle (butt end). I should be able to handle this!! The Hub will be home late Friday night so he will take over treatments then. Whew! What a week!!
I can already tell Blaze is feeling better since the vet gave some injections. I'm so glad this is almost over!
7 comments:
Phew.... I'm so glad things are quieting down. You are Wonder Woman, don'tcha know?!
M~
I hope Blaze is better soon. Poor thing.
Wonder Woman?? I don't know about that!!
I guess I just learned at a young age that you gotta do, what ya gotta do.
Thanks for the concern, I hope he's better soon too!
Had not heard of laminitis, so I followed your link. Ahh. My sister bought a pony that had been "foundered."
She told me it got into the feed box and overate. I was young and thought that was kind of strange for it to affect it's feet.
I wish that was all my overeating affected. (Sigh).
So what level is Blaze's? Mild, moderate or severe?
In my eyes, you're Wonder Woman because you're self-sufficient to take on such an incredible task of taking care of your home, your animals & everything that comes with it all on your own. You undertake all by yourself a good chunk of the time & that makes you pretty Wonderous!
M~
It can be overeating, it can also be a change in diet, like going from Hay to lawn grass. Blaze hasn't had that so I'm not sure what's going on. When we got Blaze though we did change to the Hay that he eats...I wonder if maybe I feed more than his owners did?
I would say Blaze is Moderate right now. He looks better this morning and has actually moved around a bit. Still sore but not as bad.
Thanks M~ for your compliments! I guess sometimes I do give myself a "little" pat on the back for dealing with some of this stuff, but I know there are those out there that deal with alot worse. I'm still blessed to have and be where I am, so I just have to deal with the situation and get through it.
Thanks, Jen. You guys are so kind. I feel better when I read these comments!
Post a Comment