Wednesday, May 11

Smells of Spring

My Lilacs came today....Yay!! I got two bushes and three trees and the sun's out today
so it looks like I'll be planting!!
I also got two McCartney Rose bushes(smell amazing!!)...just need to decide where to plant these.
I'm not sure how much deer like roses.
Our bleeding heart is getting really big too, I'll post a photo later.
We also got our smoker today, the HUB can now smoke meat.....he will be so pleased!!
And, I got my case of Dreamer's Candles. I love these and can only find them
in TX, so I order by the case. Banana Nut Dream Cake is TOO.DIE.FOR!
Snickerdoodle is pretty darn good too!
Imagine the smells around this place.........Lilac,Lavender,bleeding heart, roses,candles
& SMOKED MEAT. Mmmmm.....

Last night I drove to an area that bear are known to hang out. As I was driving up,
a Momma and two babies crossed in front of me! It was so cool!
Unfortunately, I was driving and couldn't get to my camera quick enough! dang!
I'm going to go back tonight and see if they are hanging around.

Our wood ducks are using the nesting box, so let's cross or fingers that we'll see babies!!
I've seen geese and family around the area also, I'm just dying to get a photo
of them! I don't think they nested near our pond :o( , so I will have to go looking
for them. We're staying light until 10:00 now so I have plenty of time to get out and
photograph them. The bear like to come out around dusk usually, so we'll see if
I have any new photo's tomorrow!

Till later,TTFN.

12 comments:

Laura said...

It stays late until 10pm????? Holy cow...and I loooove wood ducks. My dad was lucky enough to have a nesting box in a tree where he was living when he died and last year (I think it was last year) he was fortuante to actually see the babies flinging themselves out of the box! He was so happy he got to see that. And that alone makes me smile. :)
Thanks for the e-card..I laughed at it NIIIIIIIICE!
~L.

Derek said...

Wow, I'm jealous of all the different kinds of animals you get to see. Dogs and cats are about all I see around the city!

Leesa said...

We do have a great variety of animals around here!
Yes L~ it's light until 10-ish..in August it's known to be light until 11. Wierd, eh? Watching David Letterman and it's still light out??

Dee said...

My friend and I saw a bear cub last week. We also saw two red fox right off our back porch. I love the smell of spring too but mostly the crab apples and new mown grass.
I have ten rose bushes, two lilac bushes by the back porch and three rose of sharons. I love flowers. And this time of the year is so wonderful.

Marianna said...

You can't do 2 things at once?! Drive & snap pictures?! You're fired... lol.

:)
M~

Leesa said...

Funny M~!
Dee, I thought about planting Rose of Sharon, might still! I read it attracts hummingbirds!
We have so many hummingbirds now, I can just imagine what all the flowers will bring!

Katya Coldheart said...

my bleeding heart is doing really well too...

i love seeing bears in the wild...we saw four or five last year in the area around Wawa...and a cougar...

:0)

Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

I'd be outside all the time (well, except for in the winter) if I lived up around there!

My brother has a smoker and he loves cooking in it. (He makes some excellent stuff in that thing!)

Leesa said...

We have mountain lions around here, among other big cats but I have not seen any yet!! I would love to get a photo of one of those guys!
We also have alot of domestic/stray cats running around. People haven't figured out spay/neutering around here.
I looked up the Rose of Sharon online, perty!! Might have to look into those!
I'll keep ya'll updated on how the smoker does on it's first voyage.

Memphis said...

Thanks to you I can now say that I actually know a woman who, when she encounters a bear, will GO BACK TO LOOK FOR IT AGAIN.

We shall call you Woman Who Hunts For Bears.

Leesa said...

Oh yeah, I will go search. I don't leave my car though.

Dee said...

I saw one mountian lion around here years ago but have not seen one since. We do have coyotes so we have to watch for them if a cat gets out.