We hardly ever see those little guys around our place but the other day, I was looking out my front screen door and there he was....a little black hummingbird with a bright red chest. So pretty! :)
The first time I saw a hummingbird up close I thought it was a big bug. They are so flippin cute!!! I am going to get a few feeders from the local hardware store and put them around outside and see if I get any takers. 4 parts water and one part sugar, right? ~L.
Yep, 4 water/1 sugar, boil it! If you stand by them really still and stick your finger over the part where they sit, they will sit on your finger! I did it last night! They didn't even care that I was there, they were so close to my face I could feel the breeze from their wings! way.too.cool. I'm going to try to catch a pic of it when the Hub is home.
5 comments:
So sweet!
We hardly ever see those little guys around our place but the other day, I was looking out my front screen door and there he was....a little black hummingbird with a bright red chest. So pretty! :)
Aren't they fun? There are so many and they just zoom around here like crazy!
The first time I saw a hummingbird up close I thought it was a big bug. They are so flippin cute!!! I am going to get a few feeders from the local hardware store and put them around outside and see if I get any takers. 4 parts water and one part sugar, right?
~L.
Yep, 4 water/1 sugar, boil it!
If you stand by them really still and stick your finger over the part where they sit, they will sit on your finger! I did it last night! They didn't even care that I was there, they were so close to my face I could feel the breeze from their wings! way.too.cool.
I'm going to try to catch a pic of it when the Hub is home.
wow the most i have ever seen at a feeder has been two. Amazing shot
Post a Comment