Monday, May 16

Smoky Mountain Rain

I'm sitting here waiting for a Farrier to get here to work on our horses feet. He's 1.5 hours late. How annoying is that??? Thought I would do a weekend update.
We have to drive into the big city today(dr's appt) and we're just sitting around waiting for this guy. errgghh.
The Hub took a small trip on the new horse this weekend...took some interesting trails and roads, being adventurous. He decided to go up this small hill, when both he and the horse sank in very wet clay-mud. The horse went down to his knees and stressed out a bit.
Hub got off the horse to be safe and he went down to his knees too! The horse wound up falling on him and now we're concerned he might have a broken or cracked rib (or two).
He was very lucky considering this horse could have killed him. What a GREAT horse. He remained calm and didn't jump around or start flailing. Hub thought for sure that was it.
Geez.........I keep telling him to quit going out trying to get himself killed!!
I have to admit though (now that we know he's o.k.) that it was pretty funny to see him and the horse coming up the driveway completly caked in mud. I should have taken a picture of it but I think at the time he wouldn't have thought it was funny. We had to hose down his clothes so we could at least put them in the washing machine. His boots were the only casualty.
Anyway............he has a dr. appt today to see if he broke anything.

We tried out the new smoker this weekend..and OH.MAN. is that good food......*drool*.
The hub smoked a brisket & ribs for about 8 hours. It was so good! It reminded of the good ole' brisket we used to get in Texas!! Funny thing, no one around here has ever had brisket and we had to search three stores to find one. Crazy!!

It's raining today, hence the title. It still smells like smoke from the smoker (title again). It's a little cool, about 50 degrees this morning.

The Farrier still isn't here. One hour and 42 minutes late.
Hope he didn't fall off his horse....

3 comments:

Marianna said...

Oh my gosh! I hope your horse is ok! That's so sad...

mmm brisket! I'll put one in a box along with some blue bell for ya!
;)

M~

Marianna said...

Ooooh... and I hate tardy people!

Leesa said...

Thanks Ya'll. He is fine. Living on pain meds for awhile.
The Farrier finally showed up as we were driving away..around 11. Ick. He just had to work on the horses by himself...oh well.
Yes M~! Send Brisket and Mint Choc Chip Blue Bell!! :o)