I wasn't successful last night with the injections. I took a flashlight out there with me and tried the best I could. It was very discouraging.
I didn't sleep well because one of my pets was hurting and there was nothing I could do. This is the part of living out here that angers me. Not many around to help you.
First thing this morning, he was still in the same position, shaking. I gave him his injections (first try:o)). He's eating and drinking so that's still a good sign. We can only assume, without a vet here to look at him, that he's in pain.
If you give me a cat or dog I can usually figure it out and treat it. Or, at least put them in the car and drive them to a vet! Owning a horse is a whole different story!
Another odd thought I'm having, and I have no experience here so I could be way off, is they had their feet done on Monday by the Farrier.
Blaze has been very tender on his feet and doesn't want to walk. I even noticed this morning that he holds one of his feet off the ground when he's eating. Any horse people out there that have a clue??
Well, that's my update for now...gotta feed the rest of the herd!
Thanks everyone for your concern. I actually felt better this morning when reading your comments. It really felt like I had support. Thanks SO much. TTFN.
4 comments:
I'm so glad to see all is well with you, albeit stressful. I was hoping for better news about your beautiful horse but I'm still holding out hope. I wish I knew more about that kind of stuff, gal, but sorry, can't help you. You're in my thoughts. Keep us updated. Perhaps you can call a vet & get some phone advice? Maybe he has a hurt foot, ankle?
You're very brave to give injections all by yourself to an animal like that. I don't think I could do it.
M~
I know it has to be a stressful and lonely feeling. From everything I know about you, you're a competent woman and will do your best.
Yikes woman, you have your hands full. Good job on finding that vein right away. I am sure that was a little intimidating! Hope you find out soon what's bugging him.
~L.
Thank's ya'll. It's so nice to know people care!!
I just did the update, so it's not as bad as we thought.
I was pretty impressed that I've been hitting that vein!! I do realize that horses veins are big, but still.......too cool.
Post a Comment