Wednesday, February 8

Not So Wordless

Well I thought this was going to be a Wordless Wednesday. But...........
As I was going through 4 backed up issues of Oprah magazine, I came across a few quotes I wanted to share :

"When you die, God and Angels will hold you accountable for all the pleasures you were allowed in life that you denied yourself"--anonymous

"My life...is about not knowing, having to change, taking the moment and making the best of it, without knowing what's going to happen next."--Gilda Radner

"The question of love is one that cannot be evaded. Whether or not you claim to be interested in it, from the moment you are alive you are bound to be concerned with love, because love is not just something that happens to you: It is a certain special way of being alive. Love is, in fact, an intensification of life, a completeness, a fullness, a wholeness of life."--Thomas Merton

And last, but not least :)

The Seven Qualities of Women You Want to Be Around

1-They see strengths, not the limitiations, in others. They make you proud to be yourself-because they tell you why you're special.

2-They trust you so fully that you feel compelled to meet their expectations. Consequently, they make you feel like a better person than you normally are.

3-They respect you for what you have done and where you have come from.

4-They are authentic and don't need you to lie to them to feed their egos.

5-They live by their rules and don't expect you to follow them.

6-They are at peace with themselves, so they don't have to prove anything to you.

7-They're good listeners and sincerely interested in you, so you feel important. Because they're available for honest and genuine discussion, they make you want to share yourself.

**hubs thinks I match all of these...awwwww. Of course he might have just said that because he won't be here on Valentines Day**

6 comments:

Tara said...

Good quotes :)

Sassy said...

Those are great! And very inspiring...perfect for the middle of the week. Thank you for sharing!

Marianna said...

Dang! No hubby on V-Day? Bummer, hon.

These were really cool. Thanks for being wordy instead of wordless on Wednesday!

M~

Patia said...

Thank you for this. I had seen the Seven Qualities before and it totally made me think of a particular friend. I just copied and pasted and sent them to her -- and printed myself a copy as well. Something to aspire to. :-)

Nature Girl said...

Had to laugh at your 4 back issues of Oprah, I was just thinking last night that I really need to catch up on mine..I am about 6 months behind..I used to read them cover to cover when they got here, now I'm too busy. Loved the quotes, made me think of several of my girlfriends. No DH for me on valentines day either! Wanna be my Valentine? :) Stacie

Norma said...

Not to burst any psychobabble bubbles, but isn't that list of seven "all about me"? I'd love to be in the same room--same building--with Laura Bush, or Hilary Clinton, or Condi Rice whether or not they know I exist. They have accomplished a lot and have set a good example with out making me feel authentic (whatever that is!), or special or respecting what I've done in MY life. Oooh. I feel a blog coming on--I'd better head for my own space.