Have you ever had one of those nights where something just isn't right?
You don't know what it is, but you're a little moody and maybe a knot in your stomach?
This happened to me tonight. I couldn't quite put my finger on why I felt this way.
I was chatting with friends. I had taken some photos and was playing in photoshop. All things I like to do. All was normal here at home, or so I thought. I was working on my photos and all of sudden I didn't like any of them. I even posted and still was unhappy with it. I felt so moody all of a sudden, but had no real reason why.
I couldn't "quite" connect with my chatter friends. It all seemed so out of sorts.
And then, I got a phone call.
I have to take you back a bit here to make sense.
Last March, my husbands oldest son David, died. We never have really known for sure how. He went to sleep one night and didn't wake up. The autopsy results were inconclusive.
It was a very hard time for the hubs and he is still working through this to this day.
Well, tonight my hubs got the call that the boys mother had died.
We don't know how, but she has had a history of suicidal tendencies and took many many prescription medications. Most likely it was suicide.
Hubs now has to go to Texas and tell his youngest son, Kevin, that he has now lost his mother, so soon after his brother. WTF???
I didn't know this woman. She had actually made the hubs life pretty miserable as often as she could. Did I feel this tonight? Was this why I felt so off?
I have no connections to her. Why am I so thrown off by this? Or is it this at all?
I guess the most reasonable explanation is that I feel for hubs and his son.
Hubs doesn't feel the loss for himself as much as for his son. In less than in a year he has lost his brother and his mother.
I'm rambling now, I know. I'm sitting here alone, no one else to ramble too!
As I said in the post when David died....
Life is short, you never know what can happen.
Go appreciate your loved ones. Tell them you love them.
12 comments:
I'm so sorry to hear about your husband's loss and especially for his youngest son having to deal with all of this. That is hard. Sending good thoughts your way...
That IS strange. I got that "feeling" when my Gma died. At the exact time she died. I lived in Kansas City she lived in Michigan. I raced home and found out, what I already knew.
But like you said you have no connection to this woman, maybe you are just so in tune with the Hubs and his kids, even if only subconsiously, that you felt it.
My parents said something similar happened to me when my grandfather died when I was an infant. My parents and I were about to step on a plane to go to Chicago for a week when I became violently ill. My parents made an about face to go home. As soon as we stepped in the door, my fever broke, I stopped getting sick, and I was fine. Then the call came. My dad would have missed his father's funeral had we not come home.
I think the above comment's got it... you're very connected to your husband and you were being prepared to help him. Things like these make me rethink a few things...
My thoughts are with you and your family.
Sorry to hear that news, Leesa...my thoughts are with you and your hubby.
I totally believe you felt something wasn't "right"....if you're connected to someone like you and your hubby are, it just happens, you know?
Yes, I believe.
Wow, I'm so sorry to hear this. I remember when your husband's son passed away - that was when I first started reading your blog. I'll be thinking of you, that your husband finds the strength for the sake of his son. What a difficult thing to have to go through.
Oh geez, honey. I'm so sorry! I wish I hadn't gone to bed, now. I totally agree ~ you were connecting with your hubby at that moment.
Godspeed for G to have a safe flight & I hope he has the strength to be able to get thru this all with his other son.
M~
Oh how horrible for Kevin! Is he young? I guess it doesn't matter, it's always hard, no matter what age... :( I'll be praying for you all...God bless.
Wow...I feel bad for Kevin and for the hubs to have to bear the burden of telling him. This will be difficult on all of you...if there is anything I can do, let me know.
~L.
Leesa, that is such a sad situation. My heart goes out to you and your husband and his son.
Like Stacy, I believe.
Leesa, so so sorry. Keeping your family in my thoughts and prayers! I wish I could do something for you! Stacie
Weird that you had that kind of feeling with no connection to this person but maybe it was because bad news was going to drop on your family. So sorry for your hubs son's loss.
sorry to hear of your news....and I do believe you connected somehow to her passing.... How much heartache your hubbys son is experiencing!! The upside? He will be a very strong adult and be able to help others when they lose someone for the first time. Everyone has a purpose...perhaps that is his?? (((HUGS)))
Post a Comment