Monday, April 25

Weekends

As you guys probably know by now.....I'm lovin' the bloggin'..but
I don't get to get on as much on the weekends because the HUB is home
and we try to get out, get things done around the house..enjoy each other's
company!! We only have the weekends...so that puts me behind on the
blog addiction!! He's out right now having drinks with his neighborhood buds,
who all call him "Doc" (which cracks me up)...so I had a few minutes to catch
up on my blog updates!! He's gone tomorrow morning...so I will have time
to chat some more!!
We hung 4 more bird houses today and the swallows are just eating it up!!
I'm loving it! I also ordered a Ladybug house, hopefully I can put this in the
garden and attract these cuties!! We both laughed when we read the box and it
said I can order 1000 ladybugs for $15.00! Of course, I'm not going to order
them. Hopefully my little house, with it's little scents, will attract them on it's own.
OH! and I've been investigating certain plants and flowers that attract butterflies
and ladybugs...oh and hummingbirds......so we'll see how this goes. I will take pics
and keep you guys updated. Plus, I'm now on a garden diary for Laura! If you guys really like a beautiful plant that smells good, go for Bee Balm. It smells amazing!! And the hummingbirds
Love it!!

Unfortunately, we aren't even supposed to plant anything until the last full
moon in June..........but sometimes we cheat and plant after Mother's day.
We'll see! I bought climbing roses today and planted three trees. A maple, a dogwood,
and a blooming cherry tree ( I might have gotten that one wrong), but anyway, they
are colorful and they bloom. The one thing about where we live is that everything is
pine or fir!! A few Aspens..but otherwise, we get no color.....all green! So, we have
a goal to add our own color. I'll keep ya'll updated with photo's how it goes.

Okay, it's grillin' time. See ya'll tomorrow!! TTFN

3 comments:

Marianna said...

I sure as heck can't wait for your pics. I think your tress will be wonderful. Like you said earlier, they'll bring some beautiful color to your yard!

M~

Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

I've recently discovered that I REALLY like planting flowers. I just planted some Pentas (they're suppose to do really well with the Florida heat) and they're also suppose to attract butterflies.

And don't feel bad...I usually don't blog on weekends either because The Peanut King is home and we're usually busy getting stuff done around the house.

Katya Coldheart said...

1000 ladybugs for $15, who would want that many...??? even if they are cute...i saw my first one of the year last weekend...