Friday, April 22

Photographer's Paradise

Wow, it's just wild here this morning. It's really nice out, sunny, breezy and about
60 degrees so far. There are birds EVERYWHERE. It sounds like a sanctuary outside!
I caught (photographed) a red-winged blackbird this morning. The wood ducks
and geese are both out at the pond and the deer are munching out in the
yard.......it's great!
This is one of my favorite parts about living here, there is such
activity outside!
I hope to get some good pics today, one thing that I have to do is just sit and wait.
Sometimes that's hard for me because I think of so many other things I could do.
That's the non-photographer in me......lack of patience.

The hub flies home tonight, I'm really hopeful that this weather will
continue while he's home. It seems it never fails that the weather changes
when he gets here. Of course he hangs out in CA for 4 days a week, so
perfect weather there. BUT, no birds, no seasons, no deer and ducks!
He loves to fly-fish so hopefully we will get some of that done this weekend.

I've got tons of recyling stuff to take care of today. We take our cardboard, cans
and bottles to a center near our town. I really wanted to recycle plastic too, but
I just cant find a location even close enough to take it too. Plus, if you ever look
at the bottom of plastic they have certain numbers on them. Certain facilities will
only take certain numbers. I really hate throwing away big plastic laundry soap
bottles and things of that size.
To kind of even that out, I started making some of my own products. I make my
own laundry soap now, glass cleaner, wood cleaner, and bathroom cleaner that I
put in my own spray bottles. They are all environmently friendly and I just keep
refilling the same bottles, so I'm wasting less plastic. It's amazing how many uses
vinegar has!

My first year here I also learned how to can my own vegetables and make jam from
the berries I grow. I learned also how to make my own lip balm, that was too fun!
It was a hit at Christmas!!

Okay...maybe I'll do another post on "homemade" goodies next time!
I'm off...lots of photographing to do, and a *little* bit of housework! TTFN!

6 comments:

Marianna said...

When I was stationed in Germany, we used to recycle EVERYTHING. By the time we'd recycle all of our stuff, our garbage would end up being a small little bag of trash. The Germans differentiate green glass from brown glass from clear glass. Very environmentally friendly. Instead, what do we do in our country? Oh... just authorize pipeline drilling in Alaska. Yeah. That makes total sense. Remind me to tell you how much I'm unhappy with THAT! lol

But I'm glad to hear that there are more people like you out there. Not much gets recycled where I live down here in these parts, but I do try to do my part here at work ~ we recycle paper. Every little bit helps.

M~

Leesa said...

Oh yeah, I forgot...we do paper and magazines too!
People in Montana are really good about the whole "environment" thing. They just recently won a fight against opening a silver mine here because it affects their Right to Clean Air. I've heard of some people around here who have turned down millions for their property if it's going towards any kind of business that might affect our environment. It's pretty cool!

Marianna said...

I'm glad to hear that SOME of our states do give a damn. Then we have others. Texas.

Guess it's run by a bunch of good ol' boys... lol.

M~

Laura said...

Hmm..homemade goodies?? Make sure I am on your Christmas list, missy. I want to hear about the lip balm...
~L.

Leesa said...

I will definitely post about my homemade goodies...maybe later tonight?!? And you are already on my Christmas list!!
I got the cards today, they are so friggin cute!! Thanks!

Laura said...

You are very welcome!! And yay!! I'm on the list! I'll bet MT at Christmastime is absolutely beautiful!!
~L.