Well we did our trip to Wallyworld yesterday. It actually was ok! We went early, I guess before all the scary people dredge themselves out of bed, and hardly anyone was there! I still came upon a few "mini" meetings in the aisles, but I just stand there and stare at them until they move.
We then went to Home Depot (yeah!) and bought a rug for our living room. We had recently put pergo floors in our house and without a rug Brock can move our furniture to his liking. So, we went to buy a rug. Of course the rug I wanted, and happens to match my couch PERFECTLY!!!, was in the back on a very high shelf, so needless to say it took some guy going to get the little truck thing that raises up to get it. THEN, the truck broke down, so they had to take that in the back and fix it. THEN, start again on trying to get the rug down. We waited I bet an hour for all of that, but we started browsing to kill the time. (This was the fun part!)
We went into the kitchen section and started talking about redoing our counter tops to granite, and adding some neat tiles to that area under your cabinets but above the counter. It was really fun picking stuff and just imagining how it would look! Then off to the bathroom stuff. We've been threatening putting in a jetted tub, and redoing the ugly vinyl floor that's in there. So, We found a tub we really like, and then some flooring that we like either tile, or stone..something like that.
Now, don't get me wrong, we really do have a beautiful home and I'm not complaining (much) but a bachelor built this house, so it lacks a little originality and color. PLUS, he did all bathroom and kitchen floors in WHITE! Can you imagine how long (NOT) the floors stay clean? With a hubby and a 100# dog? It drives me crazy! Remember, there is not one road in our town that isn't dirt.
The first thing we did was take out all carpet. That was insane. I bought a steamcleaner and still couldn't keep the carpets clean. We put vinyl downstairs and pergo up. It still gets dusty and you can see every footprint, but it's cleaner and healthier than carpet. I bought a steamer that you push across the pergo floors and it cleans them right up. At least until Brock or the Hub decides to come in from outside.
We also want to extend our deck. We have an awesome deck, but part of it is like sidewalk width, and then it gets really big. Well, we put a hottub on the big part, so it doesn't leave much room for a table, or chairs, ya know that kind of stuff. So, that's another project we've discussed.
THEN, we have a pond on our property so we would like to build some kind of gazebo like thing out there with a pier so we can sit out there, roof over our head, little fire pit and just enjoy!!
I will put a few pics on here to give ya'll some ideas what we are working with. Anyway, I can't wait!! I think the bathroom will be first. I will do some before & after's just for fun.
Okay, the sun came out finally so I think I will do a few things outside. TTFN!
6 comments:
I.am.so.jealous.
But I can't wait to see what you are doing out there!!!!!
So get moving.
;P~
~L.
Laura. I'm making an executive decision. We're having Blog Vacation 2006 at Leesa's house. It sounds WONDERFUL! Especially the hot tub?! HELLO! NIIIIICE! Yes, we expect pictures, Missy.
Your 1st few sentences had me cracking up! I could just imagine you standing there, in Walmart, just standing. Waiting for them to move. Oh gawd, I totally cracked up laughing over that one! Thanks! I needed that.
BTW, I left you a very special comment over at TAW's blog. You really are a wonderful gal.
*hugs*
1. I have a nice house obsession. People with nice houses make me jealous. I could never be a real estate agent because I covet my neighbor's house.
Going to any place like Home Depot is foreplay. My husband doesn't question this - he just accepts it.
2. I have a deep love of nature. I'm trying to sell my house in order to move to this tiny town in Northern MN. This is one of the reasons I love your photos - they tug at my heartstrings.
3. My husband, in his bachelor days, put white flooring in the kitchen. Back then it was just hubby and an ancient cat, but he never was a neat freak. He looks perplexed when I ask him what he was thinking.
Ha! Nicolette!!! I feel the same way about real estate. I would not be concentrating on my JOB, I would be thinking oooh..I love those drapes...
~L.
The inside of my house is A MESS because for the past two weekends I've been remodeling the outside landscaping at The Peanut Palace.
But when I DO finally get to remodel the inside of The Palace, I'm doing the same thing you did...NO MORE CARPET IN THE HOUSE! I have a 65 pound Pit Bull and a husband who does construction work (mud, dirt and concrete are almost impossible to get out of the carpet!!!)
I will take some pics of the inside of the house today so you guys have some visuals!! No Dusting Comments Allowed!
Yes, I don't know what the guy was thinking when he put in white vinyl in the kitchen and bathroom...I guess he wasn't!! Oh and the other reason I know a guy designed this house, the master bedroom is upstairs (main floor) and has the only bathroom, so anytime we have guests they have to go through my bedroom...ecchhh.
AND, the worst thing!!!!.....the master bedroom closet is so small I had to kick my husband out, he uses an armoire (sp)?. If you have both sides of the closet filled with clothes (like I do) you can barely walk through it. It drives me nuts!!
MAYBE that will need to be redone too?!?!?!?!?!?
Post a Comment