Tuesday, April 5

THE BIRDS

We're finally seeing some spring weather!! It's sunny, few clouds in the sky and about 50 degrees. FINALLY!!!
The birds are going crazy today, I just love it! We have Stellar Jays, that are beautiful, but very noisy and piggy!! They will go through a bag of peanuts in no time!!
We also have Grossbeaks, Swallows, Pine Siskins, and Chickadees. I'm waiting for the hummingbirds to arrive any time. That is our favorite part! We hang out the feeders, with our own solution (none of that red stuff) and sometimes we can have as many as 30 hummingbirds on our porch at a time. I will try to catch pictures this year, but they are very fast!!
I've already posted our ducks, except for the geese.........they have arrived also. It's one of the things I really love here, all of the wildlife. The deer come everyday for a little corn, you ALWAYS hear birds chirping, and our pond is full of ducks and fish!!
Ok, I'm starting to sound like a fairy tale with birds singing and rabbits hopping by.........geez.
Oh we do have rabbits too, but I rarely see them for some reason.
There are also squirrels who steal the peanuts and Grey Jays, which we call camp robbers here.

I've been playing with EBSQ today, see if I can put some of my B&W's on there. I found some beautiful art on that site, I have to thank Laura and Troy for the lead!! I've always been into art, way back into little weehood, but never fully followed it. I was always the drawer, even took art classes. I enjoyed painting but just couldn't get inspiration. The camera finally landed in my hand and that was it! I'm very obsessed with my camera and carry it everywhere. Even to the mailbox (our mailbox is almost a half mile from our house, so you never know what you'll see on the way!) I have a Canon 20D digital and an EOS Elan 7 SLR, with a Sigma lens 200-300, and a Tamron 200-500 di lens. I recently purchased a fish eye and wide angle lenses that I haven't gotten to really play with yet, can't wait!

The respiratory infection is still running amuck in our house. Grizzly and Moose are feeling better, but it has now moved on to a few more. Critter has the worst of it right now,he's my youngest ( I think there is a picture of him on this blog somewhere) It is just so sad to see these little pitiful sneezy drainy faces!! My Doc hubby just says to be patient, it will run it's course...yeah, tell that to the cats.. They look at me like I should be DOING something about this!

Ok, back to EBSQ, I'm procrastinating again.

1 comment:

Laura said...

I love the grey jay!! That is a great shot with the way the shadow falls!!
~L.

And get busy on EBSQ..I want to see your portfolio..I need to update mine as well.