The last few days have just been a whirlwind! The hubby works 4 days in CA, and comes home for 3. Those 3 days are always so full and go by so fast. I hardly even touched the blog! I did however get some good pictures in this week, I'm including one of Brock behind some firewood. I thought it had the perfect "Who's There?" look to it.
It's snowing today, and pretty chilly. We had a good weekend though, sunny and clear for most of it. The Hub went fishing at least once so that's a good thing! All kitties are back to "mostly" normal, so that's even better.
I'm trying to plan a trip back to TX to visit family and friends but I've waited a little late and now it's already getting hot. I hate HOT. You'd think I'd be used to it since I grew up there but I'm not. I went two years ago in June and thought I was going to die! It makes me so crabby to be that hot! And Humid! Yuck. I might have to postpone until fall.
I'm also trying to plan a trip to CA with the Hub, he's furnishing an apartment while he works there for the next three years, so I'm going with to help the poor man pick out furnishings and necessities. THEN, we're going to Atlanta in September for a veterinary conference.
It's not as easy for me to travel because I have to find a house/pet sitter. I had no problems with that in TX, there were people all over to do it for me, but here is a bit different! I do have a neighbors daughter who has done it for me in the past, and she loves the animals and they love her so we've been lucky. She's threatening going to college, so I might be in trouble! How dare her think of her future instead of my traveling needs!! (kidding, of course)
We still haven't even tried to plan a real vacation. I would love to go to Italy, the Hub wants to go to Alaska. He had wanted to take a cruise but I've gotten some really bad reviews on cruises.
Maybe just a short trip to Glacier or Yellowstone for a few hikes and camping might be fun!
Who knows what we'll decide.
Well I have lots of housework to catch up on, so TTFN!
6 comments:
Yeah! Get busy on that housework missy! I don't blame you for wanting to postpone the TX trip. I hate humid, too. All the other vacation ideas sound great though!
~L.
If you need a tour guide for Italy... *hint* *hint* *wink* *wink*
:D
It's already getting hot here & it's only April. It's 80 today, but I don't mind it as long as I have air conditioning. lol
M~
I will definitely notify you if we decide go to Italy, M!!
And yes, from experience, if it's already in the 80's in April...it's only the beginning!
And Laura...I'm procrastinating again! The only thing I've gotten done is the floors and dishes!!
(I guess that's not bad!)
Yah, go now or in October. It's pretty humid in Missouri already, and now we're in tornado season in the Midwest. Don't visit the relatives in trailers! Love the photo of Brock. If I were your neighbor, I would feed your babies while you were away.
See, I'm the opposite...I can't take the cold...I get downright grumpy if I ge too cold!!! :)
Hope you get to get away soon and have a good time! :)
Oooh I used to life in the DFW area and even though it was long, long ago, I do remember it being hot there during the summer. So I don't blame you for postponing the trip. Now, Italy sounds pretty good to me!
Post a Comment