Thanks, Ya'll! Isn't he somethin'? Stephanie, it really depends on what you can spend. I'm lucky enough that my camera is pretty costly, but there are some that area less expensive that are good cameras. My last digital was a Olympus Camedia Ultra Zoom...it was a good camera, compact. Along with my Canon(the one I use now) I really don't have experience with any others. Canon, Olympus, Nikon..all good brands. One good thing to do is get a photo magazine and read the reviews for the cameras. That helped me. I hope that helps you!
WOW!!! What an awesome looking bird! And what an awesome lens you have, being able to get such a close shot! I'm not normally big on telephoto lenses but sheesh, this is a must-have now that you've demonstrated its capabilities!!! But of course, I do need the camera first. hehe
I definitely wouldn't be able to get some of these great shots without the lens. It's costly, but it sure is worth it to see the results! Start saving!!
I used to hear Bob Whites (although probably not the Northern ones...:) here all the time. They'd whistle (or sing or whatever you want to call it) and we'd whistle back and then they'd call to us again....I can remember sitting on our front porch when I was a kid for half and hour at time...just whistling back and forth. :)
Wow is he pretty. I miss my home state of Colorado when I look at your blog. *sigh* And then I look out the window and see the bricks of the building next door and then the car alarms and honking horns blast in my ear. I miss nature!!
Actually Northern Bobwhites are more seen in the NE & SE...it's rare to see one here. I'm so excited to have gotten one here!! I think it's cool everyone is looking at camera's and lenses...it's something you won't regret. It really changed my life. The first time you get a shot like I did yesterday, you're hooked!! Oh and Stephanie, the Olympus I owned ran around $400. If you're going to spend that much, it's a great camera. The Olypmus Camedia C-750 Ultra Zoom. It took most of the pictures on my photo site.
10 comments:
I am so jealous!!!
~L.
Would ya look at the feathers on this THAAAANG?!
M~
Thanks, Ya'll! Isn't he somethin'?
Stephanie, it really depends on what you can spend. I'm lucky enough that my camera is pretty costly, but there are some that area less expensive that are good cameras. My last digital was a Olympus Camedia Ultra Zoom...it was a good camera, compact. Along with my Canon(the one I use now) I really don't have experience with any others. Canon, Olympus, Nikon..all good brands. One good thing to do is get a photo magazine and read the reviews for the cameras. That helped me. I hope that helps you!
WOW!!! What an awesome looking bird! And what an awesome lens you have, being able to get such a close shot! I'm not normally big on telephoto lenses but sheesh, this is a must-have now that you've demonstrated its capabilities!!! But of course, I do need the camera first. hehe
I definitely wouldn't be able to get some of these great shots without the lens. It's costly, but it sure is worth it to see the results! Start saving!!
Aw, he/she's adorable!
I used to hear Bob Whites (although probably not the Northern ones...:) here all the time. They'd whistle (or sing or whatever you want to call it) and we'd whistle back and then they'd call to us again....I can remember sitting on our front porch when I was a kid for half and hour at time...just whistling back and forth. :)
Wow is he pretty. I miss my home state of Colorado when I look at your blog. *sigh* And then I look out the window and see the bricks of the building next door and then the car alarms and honking horns blast in my ear. I miss nature!!
Actually Northern Bobwhites are more seen in the NE & SE...it's rare to see one here. I'm so excited to have gotten one here!!
I think it's cool everyone is looking at camera's and lenses...it's something you won't regret. It really changed my life.
The first time you get a shot like I did yesterday, you're hooked!!
Oh and Stephanie, the Olympus I owned ran around $400. If you're going to spend that much, it's a great camera.
The Olypmus Camedia C-750 Ultra Zoom. It took most of the pictures on my photo site.
he is a beauty, came here thru the peanut queen - i've linked you, hope thats ok...
:0)
thanks! I linked you too! Loved your "100" lists!
Post a Comment