Friday, April 15

Moonwatcher

I'm reading this book called "The Moon Watcher's Companion"
and it has a neat poem I wanted to share with you....

The Moon has a face like the clock in the hall
She shines on thieves on the garden wall
On streets and fields and harbor quays
And birdies asleep in the forks of trees.

The squalling cat and the squeaking mouse
The howling dog by the door of the house
The bat that lies in bed at noon
All love to be out by the light of the Moon.

But all of the things that belong to the day
Cuddle to sleep to be out of her way
And flowers and children close their eyes
Till up in the morning the sun shall rise.


I've been having too much fun with photography this week.
With the Jones Soda Contest, and then I entered Thursday
Theme, and Photo Friday. I'm loving this!

I won glass art from Troy & Danielle and The Artful Blogger this week, can't wait to get both! I'm going to try to figure out
a way to put the glass art in my windows...I'll have to
look for suction cups today. Oh yeah, I have to go to
Walmart today :o(. I hate going to Walmart. We had this
discussion on Greekchickie's blog yesterday. It's so crowded
and everyone has "mini" meetings in the aisles and won't let
you by! Hate it! I'm always crabby when I leave Walmart
and I'm not naturally a crabby person. Walmart brings out
the evil in me! Actually it doesn't, but it does make me
a little crabby and I never want to go back. But *sigh* it
has what I need!

Thanks, and I'm off. TTFN!

8 comments:

Marianna said...

I will do the "Happy WalMart" dance for you & wish you lots of good thoughts so you don't plow over any gray haired ladies who walk too slow... lol.

As far as the linking thing... sighh... Laaaaauurrraaaaaaa

Leesa said...

Well lucky lucky me.....I don't have to do Wally world until tomorrow when the Hub is home...at least I don't have to suffer alone!!

Nicolette said...

Pretty poem - thanks for sharing.

Laura said...

I love that poem!!! I love the moon. And Wal Mart..eeesh. I've been there two days in a row now. And Target!
~L.

Leesa said...

Now, I miss Target!! Our closest one is 1.5 hours away!

Amy S. Petrik said...

Wal Mart gives me a paycheck but i do understand the whole evil thing. I'm drawn there like Satan's spawn even when I am off the clock. !!!!

Amy S. Petrik said...

PS: I hate to even admit this. But they make us do this GAY ASS Wally World cheer at our stupid ass associate meetings... It's the dumbest of dumb things I have ever done in my adult life. And they make you wiggle your body around. It's a freakish 3rd grade ploy to make us get excited for working on hard cement floors all day long. Thank goodness I am only part time but still wearing that big ass name tag the size of a large sandwich sucks!

Leesa said...

I can't believe they make you sing!! I guess just Thank the Lucky Stars you don't have to do it for customers!!