We went fishing today.
My hubby is an avid fly-fisherman. I am not. But, I love to go just to enjoy the outdoors and scenery. Unfortunately, the weather was not willing. BUT, this does not bother hubby. He doesn't care how cold or wet it is.
It's about 40 today. It's raining. It's cold. I decided (lost my senses for a moment) to take the dogs. Taylor is a good dog. She stays with us, she's quiet, I don't have to worry about her. BROCK on the other hand, has given me most of my grey hair. I tried tying his very long leash to a tree, he just got tangled and nearly strangled himself. I decided since nobody else was foolish enough to be out today, to let Brock run loose. Like I said, I lost my sanity for a moment.
He ran around like a total fool. I don't have children, but I can imagine it would be like releasing about 5 four year olds, free to run around a campsite/lake area with one person watching them.
I was constantly calling him to come back, telling him to drop whatever was in his mouth, telling him to stop barking at every bird, boat, car that went by. He kept jumping in the lake and then coming to me to shake it off. Geez Loweez, I thought I was going to scream!!!
Besides all of this, hubby is fishing/ cooking/ ignoring the fact that I'm about to kill a dog. It's also cold & wet (did I mention that already)?
So.........I finally put Brock in the car. He still continues to bark in the car, but at least it's not half as annoying. Hubby has cooked a meal, that he is very proud of, over a campfire. We sit down to eat as we are shivering from the cold.
**I know to some people that 40's is not that cold, I agree, but if you add clouds, wind and light rain, it is cold**
So while he's obliviously enjoying his fishing trip, I'm frazzled and frustrated.
**Oh and this is the 3rd time that we have done a trip like this where we are shivering while eating**
I keep asking myself why I keep agreeing? I guess because it makes hubby happy, and that's important. Especially with the month he has had.
Oh and no fish were caught. And, we do release them, no cooking them. Or, we put them in our pond at home. I just can't bring myself to cook something I spent time with.
Okay, dinner is ready...just thought I'd share my day.
I do have pictures, will add them later.
3 comments:
I can hardly wait to see pictures of Brock, that loveable little 5-yr-old "boy." And I consider 40 to be quite cold, esp when wet. I weeded today in 65 degree weather and got muddy and smell like onion grass. Wanna switch places? Did I tell you how much I HATE to garden???
The weather was foul here yesterday, too. I am so ready for spring!!
~L.
Hi! I popped on over from Nude Memphis Steve's blog...:)
Your hubby sounds a lot like mine when it comes to camping (which we don't do too much of anymore) but at least here, it's usually pretty warm when we do it. If it gets below 60 degrees, I'm miserable!!!
Great blog, by the way...:)
Post a Comment