Wednesday, February 28

Twinkle Twinkle Little Star



In a brief moment, where it actually wasn't snowing, the clouds moved away for awhile tonight. I could see stars.
After I fed the hoodlum horses for the night, and startled the ten or so deer in the barn, I just stopped and looked up at the stars.
We have beautiful stars here. With no outside lights or big city lights it looks like someone spilled glitter in the sky. It's eerily quiet tonight also, as if everthing stopped to admire it too.
It's about 25 degrees, very peaceful, and a brightly lit starry sky hangs above me.
The snow will be back tomorrow and for the next few days. As much as I like snow, I start to miss the stars and the sunshine.

There's really no point to this post I guess.

I just wanted to share the stars with you.

9 comments:

Marianna said...

Have I mentiond it's been 80 all week? BLECH!

When I went camping a few years ago, I was making the driv to the camping site at nite, after work. It was a 4-hour drive. I had John's stepdaughter with me. We stopped alongside the road in the Davy Crockett National Forest & turned off the car & looked at the stars. They were so impressive ~ so unlike the stars we see here in the city.

No point in this comment, either. LOL

M~

Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

Have I mentiond it's been 80 all week? YAY! ;)

It's really amazing how distracting the city lights are when it comes to star gazing. I agree with Greekchickie...the last time I saw a really nice star show was when The PK and I were camping out in the middle of nowhere YEARS ago. Friggin' GORGEOUS!

Unknown said...

Oh I bet it was so pretty. Hey awesome pic, how do you do that?

~grey said...

What a beautiful picture!

I won't mention the temp. like those other two did! Sheeesh I would love to be in the 80's right now. My temp is slightly colder then yours... sending more snow your way! Sorry!

I love looking at the stars. So peaceful and quiet.
Just like you post... peaceful and quiet. Awesome!

Michael said...

I visit a friend up on Lopez Island, WA a couple of times a year. At night, with no outdoor lights on it is *dark*! No light pollution at all... I love to lay on their deck chairs and just gaze up at the stars. When there is no light you can really see the depth of the universe... beautiful!

Nature Girl said...

Thanks for sharing this Leesa! It made me remember something from several years ago. I should blog it. I miss the stars! Awsome post!
Stacie

Michael said...

I bet they were stunning.
Thank you for sharing them with us.

Take Care
Michael

kathi said...

I love clear nights when all the stars are visable. Great pic of you, too.

Shephard said...

I love it when people share stars....

~S