Tuesday, February 6

Peace













I really don't even know what to say here, but I guess to just say it. I didn't even really want to blog about it, but a lot of you have know Brock as long as I have.

Our petsitter called, Brock fell ill on Sunday night and was taken into the ER.
He was diagnosed with renal failure, and there wasn't really anything that could be done.
Brock was put to sleep Monday morning :(

I can't tell you how truly heartbreaking this is to me, even moreso that he spent his last moments with strangers :(
He was always scared of the hospital, so I know he was just terrified.

I'm speechless.

I really don't know what else to say....
I'll miss the big goof :(

37 comments:

poet said...

please accept my sincere condolences at this time. my thoughts are with you. it is never easy, but i firmly believe that brock is now at rainbow bridge living a health restored life. until you meet again....poet.

Deb @ Sugarfused said...

Oh Leesa, I am so sorry!

Marianna said...

I'm just at a loss for words, girl. I'm so very sorry... Brock was such a special dog...

M~

Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

Aw, Leesa...I am SO sorry for your loss...I feel so bad for you! It's devastating when you lose a pet...I know it ALWAYS devastates me.

You gave him a happy life though...that's always something to think about...in every single picture you took of him, he was having a ball!

The Smoking Redhead said...

I am so sorry. For some of us they become less like pets and more like children.

Wishing you happy memories!

Unknown said...

Sorry to hear about Brock.

Jenn said...

My deepest sympathies. I love that picture you posted of him. He looks like he was one of the good ones.

Troubador said...

Leesa,
I am just stunned by this. I can't think of a single thing to say that would make any sense of this.

Just know that my thoughts are with you.

Troubador

~grey said...

Oh Leesa!!! I am sooo sorry to hear this....
(((hugs)))

Jennifer said...

Leesa,

I am so sorry to hear about your loss!! You are in my thoughts & prayers . . . .

NSC said...

Sorry to hear the bad news, sweetie. Hope you feel better soon.

Anonymous said...

Leesa, I am so sorry about Brock. There are never any words that seem just right or comfort enough to ease the pain of losing such a special someone. If there was... know that they'd be said here.

He's looking down on you happy and free of suffering, Leesa. He's found peace.

My heart goes out to you in this time of loss.

Truly,
Rain

Anonymous said...

I'm very sorry to hear about this.

Michael said...

So sorry to hear this Leesa...

Nature Girl said...

Leesa, I'm so very sorry! OMGosh...I just don't even know what to say.
Big big hugs to you!
Stacie

Anonymous said...

I'm so sorry Leesa, that's like losing a family member. :( I lost my cat Gato to renal failure several months back - just have to remember he had a good long life!

Robin Alexa said...

So sorry Leesa.

I just can't even imagine. I am now bawling in my cubicle at work.

So sorry.

Angela said...

It does suck to lose them don't it?. Take care sugar !!
Angela

Moosekahl said...

The kids and I will say a prayer for Brock and for you. our animal companions truly are family. Lots of love!

Michael said...

My heart is breaking for you. I am so sorry for your loss.

Take Care
Michael

Anonymous said...

Lisa;
Nothing I say will make it any better, but I know what you are going through. My prayers are with you...

Laurie and Chris said...

Sorry to hear about Brock.

•♥•m•♥• said...

(((HUGS))) I give U kudos for being able to actually write about it this close to the bone. I was a blubbery mess when Porsche went last spring......I heart reaches out to U .......

Shephard said...

Leesa, so so sorry to hear about Brock. There are never any adequate words for the loss of a loved one. You're so good to your animal family. I can only imagine what a wonderful life Brock had, and how happy he must have been.
~S

Wendy said...

I'm so sorry Leesa. Thinking of you ...

Southern Sweetheart said...

I'm so sorry....

Peruby said...

With tears in my eyes and a big lump in my throat, I am going to go and hug my precious Sable.

I so sad.

Laura said...

Oh my Leesa...I am so very sorry. Wow, I'm at a loss...just know I'm thinking about you.

~L.

Tish said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your dog. I'm a dog lover and have two of my own. It breaks my heart to hear stories like this.

Molly is going through a lot of medical problems now. She has kidney problems as well, but the source of them has yet to be identified. On top of that, she is having liver and/or gallbladder problems. I've already spent about $2,000 and we still don't have a diagnosis. I'm ready for her to get well!

If you ever need to talk, I'm here.

Anonymous said...

My goodness, Leesa. I am so sorry about this. Please know that I am thinking about you during this very sad time.

Unknown said...

I'm in mourning like I new him personally. Hugs to you for your loss. Rest in Peace Brock

janet copenhaver said...

I'm am so so sorry to hear this news. I'm way behind in reading posts. So I am also sorry in the lateness of it.
My heart go out to you. HUGS!

Kat said...

Leesa, I'm so sorry to hear this! He did look and sound like such a great dog. (((HUGS)))

Paige said...

Leesa, I'm so sorry. I know how devastating it is to lose a pet. I couldn't imagine losing Georgia. She too is afraid of the vet so I know how that feels too. Big ((((HUGS)))) to you.

Anonymous said...

Leesa, I am so sorry for your loss. I know they grow so close to us...

Anonymous said...

This took my breath away. I'm so sorry. This sounds stupid coming from a stranger, but I felt like I knew Brock (because he was as silly as my goofball dog). I'm so sorry Leesa.

Tamatha said...

I'm sorry for your loss:o(
Praying that God will fill your emptiness.