
It's a chick flick weekend. I've been planted on the couch, or bed, with my comforter, my flannels, my laptop, hot chocolate, Sinclair, Trout and Taylor and watching Chick Flicks. The four they've repeated a few times this weekend are :
Sleepless in Seattle
You've Got Mail
Miss. Congeniality &
While You Were Sleeping
Now I did slip in the X-Files Movie and a few sitcoms, but mainly I've been in chick-land. I'm not sure why this weekend I have watched ALL of these, but I have. I guess sometimes it's nice to slip into romance land and feel good movies.
Oh I haven't been a complete bum. The laundry is done, the floors are clean and I even cleaned out the refrigerator. The sun is out this morning, which blasts into my house and shows me all the dirty spots and dust. I hate that. Too many windows in a house shows how dirty it is.
When you live in the mountains, with winds and dirt roads (and add a few animals that go in and out) and it's hard to keep it clean.
John joked while I was sick that I probably had a hairball. After cleaning this house, I wouldn't doubt it. There's a lot of pet hair :P
You learn how to shop the right way when you have pet hair. You can't have dark rugs or comforters. Oh and you certainly can't have rugs that don't have that sticky-like rubber on the bottom, or you wind up with a cat sled. I bought the wrong kind recently, and Trout slides it all over the house. Heh.
I get to drive into the big city tomorrow and do some grocery shopping. I so hate Walmart by myself, but it has to be done. Maybe I'll slip on my Ipod while shopping so I can't hear anyone :)
Oh and I'm taking a friend with me to Seattle this next visit... just one more Princess to give John a hard time ;)
*(He thinks I'M high maintenance?? Just wait)
Ok.. I must be feeling better, because I'm rambling. I'll let you go now...
9 comments:
I've missed your ramblings. Glad you're on the mend.
Having a friend along will give John more to write about. He needs the material, his blog has really gone down hill... ;-)
ROFL! Michael stole the words right out of my mouth! I can't wait to read his blog after this!
I'm so glad you're feeling better Leesa...and boy do I know what you mean about shopping for the right stuff when you have animals...we can't go too light either, my dog is black and my cats are dark colors...shows up on everything! LOL But, I wouldn't be without them...What's a girl to do?
I feel insulted.
:P
You're having a chick flick weekend & I'm having just the opposite. I've watched hour after hour of gang violence, meth problems in our country, and prisons. I think I need to flip to the channels you're on. LOL
And yes, I'm still in my PJs, too.
M~
Glad you are feeling better and I wish I could have a chick flick weekend. I could watch all of the ones you watched over and over.
I laughed so thinking about the cats sliding on the rug. Two places I have to sweep every single day; under the oven and under the butchers block table...every single day I have huge amounts of hair. I guess 3 dogs and 4 cats will do that.
I am jealous about the "Chick Flick" weekend . . . . none of these movies are on in my neck of the woods . . . . enjoy the day!!!
I watched Sandra B. this weekend too...but it was no chick-flick (because The PK was home...;). We watched "Speed"....;)
what an adorable picture!
You have a beautiful blog!
Post a Comment