Thursday, February 22

Terrible 2yr Old





I don't have children, so I've never gone through the Terrible Two's..but if there's that phase in cats, then Trout is going through it. No he's not two, but I bet in cat years he is. Plus, He's a BOY.

He has been such a handful! He has learned he can get through your legs and get outside. He's gotten past me twice where I didn't catch him. Several times I did. The two times he got past me, he got his little butt kicked by Sir Otis on the porch. I heard the squabble and saved him. I've never seen him run so fast to get to me. Obviously though, that did not instill fear.
Today I had to chase him out into the small blizzard, which I noticed didn't phase him at all.
Besides this, he's terrorizing other cats, knocking things over, eating flowers and just having his own little kitty Grand Prix. And, poor Sinclair has endured many a squabble with him. She gets her own licks in, but for the most part he wrastles her to the ground and won't let her up. She gets really upset when he attacks her during her catnaps.

I opened the fireplace today, to start a fire, but had to walk away to get a lighter. When I came back, he was IN the fireplace. He ran of course when I came back, so I had little black pawprints all.over.the.place. I barely caught him before he jumped on the bed. Sigh.

He destroyed the Coke box, a couple of paper bags, and is now working on the box my Flowerbud flowers came in.

Is it Beer-Thirty yet?

9 comments:

Wendy said...

Sounds like you need a squirt bottle labeled "Naughty Boy Deterrent"!! LOL!

Paige said...

Sounds like the terrible twos to me, but the bad part is that three is worse!! LOL Hope he doesn't go through that too. Also sounds like a brother irritating a sister. Got that going on at my house all the time.

Nature Girl said...

Man! It seems like just yesterday when Hubs brought him home on the plane and you described him as a Chick Magnet.
ROFLMAO@Beer-thirty!
Stacie

Shephard said...

Sounds like he may have a smidgen of Siamese in him. You could use catnip for times when you really need him to chill. Maybe you need a toddler gate over your door?

He looks adorable.
~S

Marianna said...

OMG Stacie totally reminded me about the Chick Magnet! LOL It sounds like you have your hands full with this toddler.

M~

Cheyenne said...

Wow, they sound just like my 6-1/2 month old kittens, Junior and Dakota Sioux. But I love 'em just the same.

Anonymous said...

but he's so cute.
tc

Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

You know what Jimmy says "It's beer-thirty somewhere". (Well, okay, so maybe it's not verbatim...but close enough!) ;)

And Strider is perpetually stuck in the terrible twos (even though he's three or four already). I am CONSTANTLY protecting him from The PK because he gets into SO much trouble.

I can sympathize with you...believe me, I can!

Redhead Editor said...

Has he been fixed??? If all else fails, can you say BENADRYL???