Friday, February 16

Wanted: Peter Pan



Do you remember way back whenever... when I was getting sick after eating peanut butter?
I wasn't violently ill, but just enough to ruin a day of eating.

Well, I finally read This story after giving Marianna a hard time for having Killer-Peanut-Butter in her cupboards, and sure enough I have it too. #2111.

Go figure.

9 comments:

Marianna said...

You know I have to say something about this.

Ahem.

Don't pick on your friends til you look in your own damn cupboard.

Call the CDC. Your case happened wayyyy early on. It would be interesting to know if your jar tests positive for salmonella.

:P
M~

Nature Girl said...

Dang girl...you've been talking about feeling sick after peanut butter for a long time. Do you think that's what's making you sick right now? Yikes! No fun!

strangely enough, I wrote about this in my "It's all about me again" post today...

Just wait till the weight loss industry gets ahold of this...I can see it now. The all new Peanut butter diet!
Throw that stuff out! That's an order missy!
Stacie

Shephard said...

Yikes. Bad peanut butter!
We use the organic kind. There's a monkey on the label. I'm pretty sure monkeys don't carry salmonella. Hope you're feeling better.

~S :)

janet copenhaver said...

I'm a Jiff girl. Sometimes peanut butter upsets my stomach because of acid reflux.
I think the wind blew your cold my direction.
Hope you feel better soon!

Osbasso said...

I think I'm safe. Like most other things (other than beer) in my fridge, most of it carries dates from approx. 2002-2003. Except the frozen chicken breasts I purchased from my one and only time at Sam's in G.F. That would have been fall of 1993. Seriously. They're in the freezer...

Unknown said...

we've gone from the store brand to the Smucker's Natural Peanut Butter, so we are safe.

I did make my peanut butter clones with Peter Pan, the kind with the extra vitamins. You know to make it "healthier". I can't recall Salmonella being on the list of extra stuff added.

Paige said...

Yep, us too and the jar was almost empty! I'm guessing our jar was okay since the kids didn't get sick, but I threw it away anyway and had hubby buy more last night. My kids live off of peanut butter so........

Unknown said...

Nice to find out after you have eaten it isn't it. grrr My mom got an alert from the hospital that stated you could develop symptoms up to 72 hours after eating it and they can last 4-7 days. We ate quite a few sandwiches with our chili the other day but so far I'm the only one with the shall we call it trots so hoping it something else. Because tonight would be the 72 hour mark lol. I had a big jar of it and it was half gone so pitched it.

Anonymous said...

wow...

See what happens when you make fun of your friends! LOL

I want the monkey brand that Shephard is talking about... wonder if it has a banana flavour...mmmmmmm