Thursday, February 15

Nyquil-Land





This is my friend tonight. I really don't like taking drugs for anything, but sometimes you just need it.
It makes me loopy. I think I see or hear things when I'm on it. Not like little elves or underwear gnomes, but just noises in the house.
Of course with the small zoo I have here, there are constant noises so it might not be the drugs at all.
But, it does make me feel hungover the next day. Add that to the fact that my ears are plugged up and my equilibrium is off a tad and you have a great combo.
/mental note.. stay off ladders.

Plus, I don't like sleeping so heavy that I don't hear things.
Can ya tell this illness is making me crabby? :)

So... I'm off to Nyquil dreamland. The winds are howling like crazy and it's snowing. I hope I don't lose power :(

That will make me crabby.

11 comments:

Osbasso said...

Oh, good! I get to be the first to make the comment--how can we tell if you're loopy??

Sorry to hear this has taken you down. I think you've possibly given it to me. Or something like it. Many thanks...

Marianna said...

Underwear gnomes??

M~

Unknown said...

Back in the early 1990s Dennis Leary had a great bit on Nyquil. I might have to send you the audio or maybe you can find it somewhere

Seven said...

Sorry. Have a groggy fuzzy good sleep...:)

Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

My head is all stuffed up too...but I can't ABIDE the taste of Nyquil...which is kind of ironic...because it tastes like alcohol...and I love me some alcohol! :)

I take Benadryl....clears up my head and makes me snooze like a baby...only problem with that is that I can't take it while I'm at work. The boss kinda frowns on coming in and finding me with my head plopped down on my desk snoozing with a little drool leaking out of my mouth. :)

Feel better soon! :)

Peruby said...

Sorry you are feeling so nasty.

I was reading this bit of news and I thought I recall you saying that you had a nasty bout with some peanut butter. Here is the story:

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/healthnews.php?newsid=63229

Rick said...

Here's hopin' yer back among the living today!

Leesa said...

Hope you feel better soon. I hate getting colds. Worse than the flu. Okay, not worse, but still bad.

Michael said...

Hope you feel better soon.

Take Care
Michael

Nature Girl said...

I'm with M...Underwear Gnomes????
LOL..Actually, I know the feeling..nyquil makes me feel the same way..though I must say, that's only when I take the liquid kind, and most likely because I swig it from the bottle without measureing so I'm probably ODing on it, but when I take the liquicaps..I'm fine.
I hope you feel better soon!
Stacie

Leesa said...

The underwear gnomes are from Southpark. They would sneak into the little boys rooms at night and steal their underwear :)