

Remember as a kid, that feeling you would have when you woke up to snow?
It didn't matter if it was an inch, or several inches. To look out the window and see snow was exciting! Especially if schools were closed :)
I had that feeling this morning.
I fell asleep early for a change, and then of course I wake at 3am and am wide awake.
I decided to take a peek outside since it was lightly snowing when I went to bed.
Several inches have fallen in a few hours and still falling.
And that memory came back to me.
Beautiful :)
23 comments:
I grew up in sunny CA and never woke up to snow unless we were on vacation in the mountains. I remember thinking that there just wasn't enough snow! Most of my friends are sun worshippers, but I've moved to a place that has snow now, and love it!
Beautiful photo.
Happy Saturday
Mine's up too
L
On vacation last week it was like magic to wake to the white powder on the ground! I loved it. Just enough for the kids to play in and the granddaughter to experience for the first time! Great memories!
Mine is up! Happy Saturday!
Pretty Pretty. You know its not that I want snow but since we haven't had any I'm getting kind of jealous lol
Beautiful photo! I do remember looking forward to snow as a child. Now, I can happily do without it! Terrific choice for the theme.
Gorgeous picture! Lovely winter wonderland! Yes, snow seems to bring out so many childlike memories as well as, possibilities! :)
Oh boy, DO I remember?!!! My photo this week is also of snows....but a whole different aspect.
Happy weekend.
Gorgeous! I'll sit here warm and happy and enjoy YOURS! No shoveling for ME that way! I dO remember that feeling though -- and honestly - I still dO enjoy snow -- ONE time per winter! But that's it! Just once! And it does always bring back "that feeling"... Great memory!
I love snow! Great Hunt!
I added a mr widget list. If you would like to come back and sign in, I would appreciate it.
Thanks for stopping by!
I never grew up where it snowed on a regular basis. Once it snowed, but it was considered a freak snow, lol. But now we live where it snows a lot and my kids are acquiring those memories. We are currently getting lots of snow here in Colorado. Your picture of the snow is beautiful. Great memory.
In northern Indiana we had a blizzard in 1967 with at least 30 inches of snow over three days. Then the drifts and no school for almost a week. I imagine it was a bit frightening for my parents as we couldn't get to the store and my brother was only five, but for us kids it was an adventure.
Thanks for the visit.
Yes, I remember the feeling. Very beautiful.
Wow, Leesa - that is some serious snow you are getting. But then again, I guess you get a lot of snow every single year...I always lived in areas that don't get a lot of snow -- cold - but not snow.
Hey no fair! Send some of that down here! Hah!
Love the picture. That fisheye lens is perfect for that kind of shot :))
Have a wonderful Saturday, Leesa!
great memory!
Yes I remember having that memory as a kid. I still do have that awe and wonder feeling when it snows now. Just love it.
I love that feeling.:)
tc
I miss that feeling! We have had very few mornings to wake up to snow, it's depressing. Want to send some this way?
That IS a nice feeling. We are having a very warm winter this year. I'm looking forward to waking to snow!
Great photo! Have fun!
I used to love snow when I was a kid. Alas, I like it less as I get older. Ha!
Mine's up too :)
Beaitiful pic and thank you for taking us back to our childhood. My photo is up too. This is the first time I have taken part. By the way I have a link on my blog to yours in last weeks blog hopping.
Opps, sorry about the typo.What on earth was I typing? Beaitiful? I wish Blogger had edit. LOL Beautiful Pic!
Great photo! It was snowing here in southern New Mexico this morning - it's all melted now!
wow! so many snow!
lovely snow scene Leesa - thanks for visiting us - I thought Id left a comment yesterday on your pic? -ummm very strange - anyway happy Sunday LOL!
Post a Comment