Friday, January 26

Blonde Moment









I can't blame Leesa's Law this time. Or can I?
I did it to myself. Tonight I was cleaning a few things up, picking things up off the floor, etc.
I have this small nightlight that was a gift, this little wildlife like thing. It's been unplugged since I had the Christmas tree. Tonight I decided to plug it back in.

The small bulb in it exploded, which in turn killed the power in half the house. Of course it was the half I was using. It killed the TV, the power to the laptop, the lamps and the outside lights. Oh yay.

I went downstairs and checked the breaker box, everything said ON. I walked around to all the plugs looking for that little red button (yes, I know, I sound like a girl right now) none on the part of the house where the power was out.
I grabbed the flashlight and checked the outside plugs. Nope.
Checked the breaker box in the garage. Nope.
Which then I remembered that the power to the house can be cut off from that breaker box in the garage. OH, that's comforting to know.

Anyway..no such luck.
I decided to go back to the breaker box downstairs and just turn a few breakers on and off.
Guess what?
The one that says Living Room did the trick.

Geez, I'm a dork. I can deal with bears knocking on my door, but can't figure out a breaker box.

We'll just keep this between us :)

13 comments:

Marianna said...

I won't tell anyone.

Dork.

M~

Anonymous said...

Japanese reset does it every time!

Anonymous said...

Keep what between us? I heard nothing.

Nature Girl said...

I won't breathe a word! On my honor! But Leesa...sheesh...it makes sense doesn't it? I mean..TV, laptop, lamps...isn't that where you do most of your living? DUH....LIVING ROOM! I so would have labled that the same way...
I'm just sayin'
Stacie
;)

Anonymous said...

it is always the smallest of objects that turns our worlds around. Glad you figured it out.... I wouldn't have the first clue as to where to look.

Unknown said...

lol I won't say a word

Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

Those dang little red buttons are never where they're supposed to be!

Your secret is safe with me....;)

Memphis said...

Hey, you got it eventually. And you didn't give up. That's all anyone can ask.

Redhead Editor said...

Everyone in Missouri will know soon. This is too good to keep quiet. Sounds like something I would do. Only I would never had tried as hard as you to fix the problem.

Robin Alexa said...

I would have curled up in the fetal position and waited for someone to come and help me.

Deb @ Sugarfused said...

That reminds me that we really do need to make new labels for our breaker boxes. I have antiquated wiring in this house and whenever we have to turn the power off to one room or appliance, it's always turns into a guessing game.

Glad you're not still sitting there in the dark ;~)

Shephard said...

How spooky... I had my own breaker-box issues this week as well, that involved me not being a proficient breaker-box handler. lol
~S

Tamatha said...

lol......well at least you have a good sense of humor about stuff like this!:o)