Wednesday, January 17

Heat Wave



Who would've thought you'd be happy to see 20 degrees? Well I am. It was so nice to get out this morning and it be over the single digits. I think it's supposed to keep getting warmer (30's heh), so me happy :)

I've been going through my photo archives and see so many photos I never posted, so I think I will slowly post them as I go. When I take some of my photos, I take many. So when I post one for you, I usually have about 10 more I really like :) Lucky you :)

I've decided to cut back on Diet Coke. I'm pretty sure I can't go cold turkey, but I definitely will try to cut down. So if I ever sound cranky, you'll know why.
After reading Binsks post on Aspartame, I started wondering with all the Coke I drink, if this might be part of my problem. Of course I curse her for taking away my one and only vice ;)

So.. any advice on how to get my caffeine?
Switch to coffee?
All chocolate diet? (that would be just horrible :PPosted by Picasa

11 comments:

Deb @ Sugarfused said...

Love your deer pictures!
I vote for the chocolate substitute. Let me know how that works for ya ;~)

Patia said...

I go for plain iced tea when I want caffeine; mineral water when I want fizz. Wish I could find something that combined both -- without all the chemical nastiness.

Osbasso said...

I'm currently on week 2 of no Diet Coke. I've been forcing myself to drink water only. Of course, with the amounts of DC I generally drink, I'll have a residue for at least 6 months. But at least the plumbing is getting flushed out! Good luck to ya!

Shephard said...

I read all about aspartame in college.
According to snopes dot com, there has been no proof of any kind that aspartame is linked to anything dangerous. There's no conclusive proof and a lot of guessing and extrapolating off minor research. Give it a try tho, who knows you might feel better! I drink caffeine-free diet dr. pepper. :)

resource: http://www.snopes.com/medical/toxins/aspartame.asp

Marianna said...

Leesa without diet coke?! OMG. Someone send help! PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE don't stop the Heineken's, too! Good gawd, we're gonna find you twitching in the fetal position!

Well, I'd look into what Shephard said about snopes. I tend to believe them on myths, etc.

M~

Anonymous said...

couple cups of coffee in the morning and tea the rest of the day.
tc

Anonymous said...

everything in moderation - if you quit cold turkey you will end up with really bad rebound headaches...

Nature Girl said...

So funny the paralells in our lives Leesa...3 days ago, I quite DP cold turkey. I felt fine too, no headaches or crankyness or anything. I didn't broadcast my intentions to the household because I find I'm self destructive when I do that. DH, saw that I was out of DP and "suprised" me by bringing home a case the other day without being asked...needless to say,after the day I had today, I fell off the wagon already. He leaves for DC on Sunday and I'm sure it'll all be gone by then so I'm gonna give it another shot. I'm gonna kick DP and TV all at the same time. I'll get back to you on how that works out. ;P
Stacie

Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

Mmmm...all chocolate sounds pretty good! :)

Anonymous said...

I don't drink pop or soda of anykind.... I hate the fizzyness. I steal a sip of my kids drinks about once a month.. and that is too much. I used to love pop! But now it is just coffee in the morning... and iced tea or water.

Good luck !

I believe that any additives of any kind... can't be healthy.

Robin Alexa said...

Well I don't need snopes to tell me how bad that shit made me feel and how good I feel without it.