Saturday, October 28

Scavenger Hunt : Safe





This was an interesting one. I had to think on the word "safe"..which can have so many meanings. But I decided to go with Home. Not just our home, but our town also. I feel very safe here. Considering I'm home alone often, that's a good thing.
I've been here 4 years next month and the worst I've seen happen is mailbox baseball. Not bad :)

I used a snowy pic because to me that is one of the best feelings, to sit at home in a house heated by a wood stove and a fireplace and be surrounded by snow.

28 comments:

Osbasso said...

That looks just damned cozy. And safe. Even from the bears!

-tnchick- said...

My first thought was home, too - but I didn't have any cool photos for it. =(

FRIDAY'S CHILD said...

With all the snow outside, that house sure looks cozy and really very safe from whatever is out there at night.
Thanks for dropping by and Happy Halloween.

Girlie said...

Oh, I love this picture, so homey, and comfy! I feel like I could drag my boxes of books, my comforter, and my favorite lounger and read the night away!

MaR said...

It looks so pretty I'd like to go in and feel safe too ! love your pic. Happy saturday!

Anonymous said...

Great photo. :) What a lovely home. It looks safe and cozy. :)

Have a good weekend. :)

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous photo. I would certainly feel comfy and cozy there. Glad that you feel safe in your home.

Happy Saturday!

Anonymous said...

Oh this is a fantastic "Safe"!!

Mine's posted. Happy Saturday Leesa!!

Anonymous said...

That is a very safe looking home, warm, and surrounded by beauty. Nice interpretation on the theme!
My shot is up. Happy Saturday!

Marianna said...

This looks like a postcard or a Christmas picture.

Funny how "safe" can be taken away from a person based on another person's actions of home invasion. I think I'd feel very safe in your home ~ where mailbox/baseball issues are the worst of humanity.

M~

hemlock said...

That is a fabulous picture for safe. How could anyone NOT feel safe in your home?

Beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Looks so safe and comfy to me! Loved the serene winter photo..makes me think of my fireplace too!

BTW, we have 'mailbox baseball' our here too! lol

Anonymous said...

That is cool! I'd probably feel pretty safe there myself.

Anonymous said...

OK... Blogger is trippin... the above comment was me- guppyman
http://his.guppystorm.com

Anonymous said...

I'd feel safe there, too, especially with all the snow. Beautiful.

Unknown said...

definitely a cosy home to feel safe in. Reminds me of a ski cabin or something. mines up too.

Melli said...

Mmmmm. That looks not only "safe" ... but also very inviting! Beautiful!

Rick said...

Wow. I mean... wow. How often do you get to town in the winter?

Anonymous said...

Drat, that puts me in the mood for Christmas. And yes, all snuggled in a warm house on a cold snowy day, a fire merrily burning in the fireplace ... very safe and cozy.

Have an excellent weekend!

Anonymous said...

Ooooohhhhhh, I'm with you~only I didn't post anything like that. Very good picture. Happy Weekend

http://beckie-photoblog.blogspot.com

someone else said...

Oh, that's beautiful. Definitely looks safe and cozy!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful home...so safe and cozy looking. Mine's up. =)

Teena in Toronto said...

Very cozy! I'll be right over for a cup of hot chocolate!!

Thanks for stopping by mine :)

Anonymous said...

ditto .... what seamus said!

Beautiful photo....

I love the feeling of warm and cozy , esp in the winter time. So peaceful!

Heather said...

This is great. I love the warm safe feeling it emanates.

Anonymous said...

That is a great picture. I would feel pretty safe there as well.

http://photogfrog.livejournal.com/268941.html

Unknown said...

It looks so much tinier in this photo???

But soooo cozy.

Soon enough I'm sure, for the snow I mean.

Ours is almost all melted. Gotta love Colorado.
♥Pam

Unknown said...

That just screams greeting card you know. Maybe christmas or just a winter greeting card. Love it