Tuesday, October 17

Smell Something Burning?















Ok, so ya got me thinkin'.
I think that's twice in a week.

I wrote the post today assuming I was boring you with my daily happenings. What seems like routine daily happenings to me, are certainly opposite from most of your days.
After living here almost 4 years (November), a bear in your front yard is normal. Bear walking on your porch and looking in your window? Normal. Five or six raccoons running by the sliding glass door, even stopping to look inside... Normal.

Tonight I had the momma and baby bear on the porch. They walked around a little and then just sat there. I watched them through the front door as they just sat on the steps. They were just hanging out. That's when it hit me that what I was telling you wasn't boring at all.
And believe me when I say it's NOT boring. I guess I just feel like I talk about it ALOT.
I had several deer just lying out in the yard this evening. Just hangin' out.. comfortable, safe.

Yes... they get into trouble sometimes. But, it's not life shattering.
I do have sick pets, but I'm lucky enough to be able to care for them.
I do get scared sometimes.. but I also feel safer here than anywhere else I've ever lived.

I started thinking that maybe I sounded like I take this for granted... which I certainly don't. Every morning I stare out at the scenery and I'm still in awe.
I'm still fascinated that I have bear and deer in my front yard. I'm humbled when I sit on my porch and can only hear birds, wind and the creek below. I'm blessed. I know this.

And If I can share this with you by stories and photos.... even better :)

Okay.. Hallmark moment over.
I just heard something break on the front porch :)

12 comments:

Marianna said...

HA! I was getting weepy til I read the last sentence! Dork!

M~

Unknown said...

Hahahaaaaa
Heeeeeheheeehheee

S'always sumpin'.

♥Pam

Nature Girl said...

LOL, I hope it wasn't one of the steps under the weight of the bear!

I didn't get the feeling that you take it for granted at all Leesa..in fact, I think anyone that's been reading you for any lenght of time would know better than that..but I think that everyone sooner or later after having things happen every single day think of those event as normal and sometimes, weather its to break up the monotony, or to be reminded how lucky we are, it would be cool to trade "normal" with someone else for a few days. I know I need it, I too, feel like I'm writing the same thing every day. I've started harrassing telemarketers for crying out loud just to break up the day. LOL :P

Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

Like I said in an earlier comment, there is NEVER a dull minute at your house, is there???

But to go outside and only hear the sounds of nature? I honestly can't even imagine that....and that makes me a little sad.

Anonymous said...

The photos are always great. The stories too.
Keep them both coming.

:)

Rick said...

Do bears have identifying features like orcas? Dark/light patches or scars? Maybe you could name them, like "Scrawny Momma", "Lil Bastard", etc. Love the stories, though, with or without character names.

Oh, and I love yer browser-sniffer. Is that new?

Leesa said...

Actually we did name some of them last year. That big red guy you see is Tom.. (peeping tom) and the black one (even though there are many) was Max. "Trouble" works for all of them though :)

Redhead Editor said...

If you can figure out which one scared Pam, you can name him "One Who Made Pam Pee Her Pants." It's got a nice ring to it.

And until you have seen every branch, every leaf, every needle of every tree on that mountain, there is no way you could take it for granted.

Hope the bear didn't break your porch.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE reading about your "everyday" life! I love seeing the pics and hearing about living some place like that. I made the decision to live hear because of the job opportunities, but I still have that dream of living in a place like you have.

Of course, I'm not sure that my girls would like my "dream" too much! When I take them camping they fuss about having to sleep in the tent and about the bugs! LOL

Anonymous said...

4 years... WOW~!
mama and baby bear just hanging out out on your porch... too cool! I think the mama was showing the baby around... ya know, giving a guided tour!
Raccoons too!! I have never seen a raccoon before...

Laughed at the last sentence.
Hallmark moment over....

Anonymous said...

Reading your blog takes me out of my apartment in the city better than anything else.

Thanks for sharing your words and pics.

Haleigh Anne said...

Ellen cracks me up! Love the name she came up with.

I love your stories and pictures. I have gotten to the point where I talk about you like I know you. I will say "Leesa said" or "At Leesa's house..." Crazy, huh? It just shows how interested I am. My husband is always asking "Who's Leesa?" "You know. Leesa in Montana."

I have never gotten the feeling that you take it for granted. You always seem to be in awe of it all...even the trouble everyone seems to find when you do your best to prevent it. :)