Monday, October 23

Boo



Wow..Halloween is almost here.
This used to be just about my favorite time of the year. I love the creativity of Halloween. Love the movies and Peanuts specials, and pumpkin carving.
I used to go out every Halloween. For a few years we went to 6th street in Austin. Halloween costume parties or even just the local bar to hang out with friends. I used to love coming up with different costumes and seeing what everyone else came up with.
Oh and the candy was fun too :)

Not much happens around here on Halloween. Actually, nothing at all. The houses are way to far apart for Trick-or-Treaters. Plus with the bear and no-trespassing signs, not so much fun. It's possible they do something in town for the kids, but who knows. Kind of a bummer.
It's not even fun to decorate your house because who's going to see it? The UPS guy?

It will also be our anniversary, but hubs won't be in town.
So I think I'll buy some candy corn and watch a movie :)

I have cookie baking to do this afternoon. Seems Marianna enjoys being beaten :P

Judges ready?

11 comments:

Osbasso said...

Bummer that hubs won't be around. Hope the bears don't come to celebrate!

hemlock said...

I agree. Hope you have a quiet anniversary with the kitties!

Redhead Editor said...

I sure hope you eloped and didn't have black and orange bridesmaids' dresses.

I think the UPS man will like that little French Maid's costume you have. Ooops, did I let out a secret? Tee hee. Surprise hubs with that when he comes home to celebrate!

Angela said...

OMG!!! I love, love, love the Maxine cartoon. I'm glad I don't have any tricksters or treaters running around here:-).

Anonymous said...

I am not a big fan of Halloween...

It is big here with the kids... lots of kids will be coming to my door... but there have never been alot of parties or anything.

When's the anniversary? How many years??

mmmmmmmm... candy corn
a movie sounds just the plan for that evening!

Unknown said...

Blogger Unite!

We are meeting at Leesa's place and we're all going to have bear costumes. Prize goes to the first one and last one hit with the paint guns.

Nature Girl said...

Happy Anniversary Leesa! How many years? We're 18 on the 29th. I would be so sad if there were no halloween here...I have to have lots of decorations for it..
Stacie

Anonymous said...

I love Halloween, too....and now it's more about the kidlets than anything else, but we used to go out to bars just like you described.

I love Intergalactic's idea!!!

~L.

Shephard said...

laughing at PTerry's suggestion...

Maybe you could just decorate, and then order lots of things, so the UPS man gets to see it A LOT. That's almost like having lots of people see it. Almost.

~S

Marianna said...

So what did you dress up in when you went to Austin? You know they are all freaks there, anyway.

Cookies shmookies. You're going DOWN, sistah!

M~

Haleigh Anne said...

Where do you sign up to be a judge? ::smiles:: The cookies look YUMMY!

Happy Anniversary! Ours is in May...it will be 5 years and I am very excited about it.