Thursday, October 12

Dear Diary














Wanna hear my day?

It actually started last night when the bear showed up at 1am. Two of them. I heard them on the back deck moving things around.
Wait..
Let me backtrack a bit. Yesterday, Hubs decided to completely clean off the back deck to deter the bear. He cleaned out the containers that hold recycling and different seeds and feed. I strongly recommended he take the containers too, since the bear WILL remember where they found the food last and will be back. He didn't see this necessary.

So...
Last night they come back. They are moving around the containers and making quite a bit of noise. The dogs are barking and the hubs is sleeping through all of this. I turn on the lights out back and make enough noise to shoo them away. But as the big guy was leaving I noticed he had something. He took it out into the yard, where the smaller one joined him and they sat there and messed with this thing for quite awhile. It was too dark to really tell what they had.

I was up for about another hour and they were still there. I give up, I go to bed.

I wake about 6:30, still curious what they had since the porch was supposed to be empty.
I peek out there and they are there! Same two? Who knows. But, still two bear messing with this item. I shower and start getting ready for the day and they eventually leave. I send hubs out to go see what they had.
They had an entire 10# bag of thistle seed. Seems he missed that one.
They also spilled it all along the deck and steps and to their final destination. I just finished cleaning that up.
I also moved all containers indoors and loaded all the feed into the garage, WHERE they had attempted AGAIN to get into the cat door. It's now scraping along the floor.

Trout's eye is worse, he's also sneezing now and Sinclair is trying to hack up a lung.
I think the animals were being nice to Pam and Ellen and behaved while they were here. They are now back to their usual antics.

I just unloaded 4 60# bags of feed from the truck since I can't leave it there anymore.
I'm tired.
That's not all, but this is long enough.

So what do you think....

Wine or Heineken tonight?
And is 3:00 too early to start?

16 comments:

Shephard said...

Why not combine them... Weineken?

Maybe you need to build a cement bunker with a steel door, and put everything in that. :)
~S

Nature Girl said...

It's never too early to start...as to which one you should use, which do you have the most of? That's where I'd start! ;P

Stacie

Michael said...

I recommend you start with Heineken and work your way to wine later in the day. That's what I would do. If I drank beer. Or wine. In my case, I would start with a Mike's Hard Lemonade (probably Cranberry) and progress to Rum and Coke. Or a Long Island Ice Tea.

You know, a lot of places I've camped have "bear proof" steel boxes for storing food and stuff in. I wonder if you could get something like that to keep your feed in?

Like these:
http://www.bearsaver.com/FoodStorageLockers.htm

Osbasso said...

Geez, I hadn't seen this when we chatted. Now I'm going to have to take back all my snide comments! :p

Leesa said...

Michael.. I'm looking into that!

And Heineken has been started ;)

Unknown said...

Awww...poor Sinclair. You know I didn't want to say anything but Wednesday last week...has it been a week???? River, Sinclair and I started sneezing like crazy. And my nose was running furiously. It all stopped about midway thru the day but then on Friday, I noticed Sinclair was maybe looking a bit puny. I can't imagine I would have transferred anything from my cats, that your cats would be sensitive too or exposed to. Has hubs started them on abx? BTW, say hi to him for me.

If the bears came by other than when I saw 'em...I didn't hear a thing. And neither did Red. See...I think you are a Bear Whisperer!! And...do your interesting neighbors have nocturnal visits from the ursula's? I'd be curious to know.
♥Pam
P.S. I cannot tell you how much I wish I was back in MT right now... I cried when we pulled out of your driveway. I'm such a sap, I'm even tearing up now...

Anonymous said...

Wow.... what a day!

Marianna said...

Do you want a martini??

:P

M~

Robin Alexa said...

When you start that early, 3 p.m. isn't too early.

No wait, 3 p.m. is NEVER too early if you aren't driving anywhere. ;)

Redhead Editor said...

So Pam noticed sneezing? Where was I? I'm the one with allergies, and I wasn't even sneezing. What's up with that? I feel awful that we left you with sick kitties. Has it slowed Trout down any? Yah, and I'm thinking you must emit some sort of bear sonar that makes them appear from all around. Maybe Pam and I need to come back to keep the bears away. What do you say, Pam? (If the bears poop thistle the way they poop corn, your front yard is not going to be pretty.)

Unknown said...

LOL Ellen!!!
I don't know where you were at the time....hot tub??? I woke up snotting.
♥Pam

Unknown said...

P.S. in my first comment I should have said 'ursa's as opposed to 'Ursula's....d'oh.
♥Pam

Unknown said...

wow what a day.

Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

3:00 too early?

Never! Especially after a "bad bear" day!

Unknown said...

It's never too early in my book. Heineken at 4am... I am there!

Anonymous said...

I would have started a lot sooner than that! Go with the Beer... Wine when you are relaxing tonight... As a matter of fact, fix me a glass tonight too... LOL