Friday, August 18

Southern Treat











I was reading a blog last night that the writer had just recently experienced Blue Bell Ice Cream. *sigh*
I miss Blue Bell ice cream. It has to be, hands down, the BEST ice cream ever. Anyone want to mail me some?

Pretty Please??

16 comments:

... Paige said...

This is horrible. How do you do it with Blue Bell homemade ice cream, where they eat all they can & sell the rest.
Great, now you did it. I must go get some Homemade vanilla right now, no wait maybe some rocky road or hows about butter pecan. I know I'll just pick up a 1/2 gallon of all of 'em.

Happy weekend!

Unknown said...

In East Tennessee we have Mayfield Dairy which makes Ice Cream that is outsetanding. I think it's our version of Blue Bell, but when I was in Texas, I did not try any.

I love ice cream, but it's like crack to me... I have to control my urges or I get onry like the Incredible Hulk.

I Run Marathons to Support My Ice Cream Addiction.

Shephard said...

Never heard of Blue Bell.
But I'd need to talk to someone who's had real Italian Gelato in Italy, and who has tried Blue Bell. Would be interesting to see how they compare.
~S :)

Haleigh Anne said...

I have had real Gelato in Italy and Blue Bell. Tough pick. Tough pick. I really don't think I could pick one or the other. They both tie.

Anonymous said...

Just ate a big bowl of Apple Dump Cake (kinda like a cobbler) with a couple of BIG scoops of Bluebell Vanilla

Want me to bring some up? Ya gotta let me take pictures up there while you eat the ice cream!

Leesa said...

I know, I know...it's sad.
Shephard--ya gotta try some.
Gary--take all the pics you want!!

Shephard said...

Ooo, I like the sound of that Haleigh Anne... that means Blue Bell may be a good substitue for real Gelato!

Glad I peaked back in.

Hi Leesa!
More Sinclair!

~S

Squamata22 said...

I live in Texas, and I am SHOCKED !!!! You mean people all over the world are not eating Blue Bell home made ice cream?!?!?!?!
My hope for humanity is diminished.
:(

Marianna said...

mmmmm blue bell! I told you that I would have buckets waiting for you if you were coming down here this summer. But noooooo... Someone has to go to DC instead! Maybe I'll bring you some on the plane... LOL

M~

Unknown said...

Hmmm. What's your favorite Leesa? Mine is Buttered Pecan.... but Pecan Pralines 'n Cream is a close second.
Pam

Anonymous said...

hey leesa, I looked back in a little late. My little Scout and I just finished off the last of the Blue Bell. I gotta make a run to the store tomorrow!

Kat said...

Okay, I don't live that far from Brenham where it's made and have toured the facility (mmm...free samples) and am an addict (when my waistline allows me to indulge, so I consider this a travesty!

Never fear! They will ship it to you wherever you are in the good old USA - next day!!!! It is an $89 charge for four half gallons, but for special occasions - it's worth it!
http://www.bluebell.com/icecream_order.htm

Heck, I bet all us Texans would gladly contribute to your cause!

Damn. Now I want ice cream! :)

Leesa said...

Carrie! You might just be my new best friend!

kathi said...

Awww, honey!! Casey and I were having dessert at Ruby Tuesdays this afternoon and got some to take ohome for Charlie. The server was saying, "but if you get it to go, you won't have the Blue Bell ice cream for it"...we laughed, cause we never have less than 3 different kinds in the freezer at a time.

Poor babe...truly, man, I'd miss Blue Bell too!

Seven said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Seven said...

I will need an address...Blue Bell on the way. I like Cookies n Cream so that's what I will send!