Sunday, August 20

Bad Sign

No really. That's a bad sign ---> !!

We took the 4 wheelers up as high as we could before the signs stopped us. The photo below shows the color of the skies. There were several retardant planes flying over and a few helicopters.













The smell was a little scary and too realistic for me. We heard that there are actually three different fires burning.






Tomorrow we are on a RED FLAG alert, which means, and I'm quoting Os here, "This is the designation given when the combination of low humidity, high temperatures, lightning storms, gusty winds and general drought conditions are such that even a nasty glance at a bunch of grass could cause a horrendous wildfire. Fire restrictions are set through out the state, and the fire danger is considered "extreme".





Oh yay.

Heineken anyone?

18 comments:

Shephard said...

Sending positive thoughts, Leesa.
~S

Rick said...

The fire danger is bad enough, but they put retarded planes overhead as well? That can't be legal.

Anonymous said...

Wow, forget my attempt at being funny with the Marshmellows comment earlier. You guys take care...

Anonymous said...

OK, I don't feel so bad about the marshmellow joke now, I just noticed your song. "Light My Fire"... I thought I had sick humor!!! LOL

Marianna said...

Ok, between Rick, ~gkw & your song, I'm giggling a little. I know I shouldn't be!

You want us to come up there, Leesa? You know we can send a posse!

M~

janet copenhaver said...

Wow that last photo is awesome. Be safe!

~grey said...

Great photo's ... love the color
and the way the sun glows...

stay safe Leesa...

Here is hoping they get it put out quickly!

Unknown said...

I hope they get the fires out asap... Another Song you Could have done was:

The ROOF
The ROOF
THe ROOF is on fire
We Don't need no water
Let the motherf'er burn

maybe a little inappropriate at this time

Michael said...

Sending happy positive ripples to you.

Take Care
Michael

Redhead Editor said...

Light My Fire? You are one sick chick. But that's why we love you.

Anonymous said...

How bout Fire on the Mountain by the Marshall Tucker Band? :)

Unknown said...

LOL...

Takes me back to 2002 and the Hayman fire. The town stunk with smoke for weeks. It got to 10 miles from Colorado Springs. We had incredible sunsets...we also had thousands of people suffering with respiratory issues.

Is the truck packed with all the stuff you would take with you if you had 5 mins to pack? Photos, keepsakes etc?

Hang in there sugar.

♥Pam

Anonymous said...

oh wow!! how scary!! i hope you, the hubby, and the animals all stay safe!! especially my favorite little guy, Trout. He's just too cute!

Unknown said...

praying you get some rain. Yikes stay safe

Anonymous said...

OH, btw... Thanks Leesa for turning me on to Mozilla FireFox. No more problems posting my pictures..

Kat said...

Eeek! That is scary! Hope some of the rain down here blows your way! Stay safe!

Seven said...

OOOHHHH the forest is in a very bad mood....

kathi said...

Seriously scary stuff.