Thursday, August 10

It Was a Dark and Stormy Night....














It's storming here tonight. One of the loudest, darkest I've seen in awhile. The lightening is everywhere, which is really scary when our ground is as dry as it is. I've seen it come down really close to the house too. Ugh...
I've lost satellite, and Brock is practically on the ceiling.

Anyone want to come over and keep me company??

17 comments:

Haleigh Anne said...

I love storms! Poor Brock. Are the storms there like they are in Texas? I have heard from several people who have lived in various places say that the storms are so much worse and scarier in Texas. Wonder why that is?

Anonymous said...

is that photo from the storm tonight? It looks like some wild lightening..I have to admit though that I love storms..try and enjoy it.

Leesa said...

This is not my shot ;)
And I do love storms, but not when we are in extreme danger for wildfires. eeks.

Unknown said...

It's starting to look like a storm here in Kalispell, too, but there's only been a light sprinkle. Fierce wind, lots of lightning, dry ground and trees and fires already burning -- not a good combination.

Marianna said...

Hmm... that's not a good sound up there these days, especially as dry as it is.

The pic is cool, though ~ it's too bad it's not yours ~ it would be perfect for a card.

M~

FortuneCookie said...

Good morning Leesa, have a good day.

kathi said...

I can't even remember what rain feels like, and storms??? I'm so very jealous!

Kat said...

Well, our storms down here in Texas certainly are quite the event, but not having lived anywhere else I can't say how ours compare to others. :)

That shot is so cool. I'll try to will some of the nonstop rain we've been having to go up there to help with the dry conditions. Poor Brock!

Oh, and how do you get the little falling stars on your template? It's so cool. :)

Rick said...

O-o-o, I love thunderstorms! We don't see enough of them on this side of the range. But I grew up with them in the midwest.

Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

I love the storms too...but we're kinda in the same boat you're in...it's been VERY dry here lately...and if lightening were to strike...well, it can be a very bad thing.

Anonymous said...

I was just thinking what a GREAT shot, then I read it wasn't your's..

We've finally been getting rain.. I was wondering there for a while if it ever would again!

Michael said...

I like storms until they get way too close and you can feel it in the air as the lightening sizzles around you.

Take Care
Michael

Samantha Alice said...

Oooh, I love a good storm, too. We have solid, steady rain today, and it's nice to sit out on the patio and read while everything gets soaked.

Unknown said...

I was gonna say great shot lol. I have never been able to capture lightening.

Osbasso said...

We saw your storm from the concert! Fortunately missed us completely...

Keep an eye on that smoke!!

Anonymous said...

We would have come in and saved you... LOL Lightning, no problem, Troy drags me out all the time to see and photograph the bolts; Hurricane, problem. :) LOL

P.S... There was a LUSH store in Sao Paulo not too far from my apartment. The store was darling. I loved the Patchouli soap for my feet. Thanks for a good memory!

Cheers!
~danielle

Anonymous said...

Very nice site! car eat cover Bambi paintballing pictures cisco 5300