
Thirteen Things...
or maybe not if I can't think of thirteen things. It might be 9 or 10.. who knows.
1. Do you remember the burn pile? The one that the coyotes lived in all winter? Well, just recently the guys ( whoever they are) decided to burn it. No one told me.
About 4-ish, I went out to feed the horses lunch and saw the pile burning. Umm okay.. no biggie, they know what they're doing right? I shouldn't have to worry about it. It's been smoldering all week.
Well, we went to the neighbors for dinner last week and they told me that when the guy lit the fire it got out of control. He had to haul ass to another property to get this water-tank-hose type thing just in case. heh.."just in case". No one ever told me. I was home the entire time and never knew.
Nice.
2. This has been the WORST Leesa's law day I've ever had. If it will go wrong, it did today. I don't know why, but it has. I'm on my second beer so far, I'm thinking there will be many to come.
3. This baby bear is driving me nuts. I guess since it has no mommy, it hasn't learned fear. Yeah, it's terrified of other bear and runs up trees faster than anything I've ever seen. But it's not afraid of me. My paintball gun is out of air, so I have used a hose at times to run it off. Doesn't work. I haven't been able to put out any bird feed because of this little turd and he lives up high in one of my trees.
I have to keep a constant watch for it so I can scare it away.. so it makes for an uneasy day.
4. Right now Trout is attacking the soaker hose. I guess he doesn't understand where the bubbles are coming from.
5. I have a lot of pregnant mommy deer around, I guess hopefully soon I'll see babies.
6. Oh and I didn't mention, with the burn pile smoldering constantly, that I wake up in the middle of the night often because I smell something burning. Yeah, me, the girl terrified of my house burning down. Always takes me a few minutes to realize it's the pile. And I never get back to sleep very well.
7. For some reason lately I've been watching those cheesy campy scary movies. The ones that you've never heard of and don't know any of the actors. Yeah, it's usually when I can't sleep. One actually had me jump several times. All pretty dumb, but sometimes dumb entertainment is good.
8. Oh and I've also switched to coffee. Not sure why, but I drink coffee everyday, usually mid morning, and then I usually crave it again early evening. Great for the insomnia I'm sure.
9. I've gotten up at least 6 times during the writing of this post to check the yard. Yeah, wild woman here.
10. I ordered Grizzly Man on DVD. I decided I want to see it again. No reason you should care, but the thought just came to me.
11. I would kill for a big ol' large delivered pizza right now. ..with four cheeses, tomato slices and mushrooms. Oh and some of those yummy cinnamon things they advertise that come on the side.
12. Oh update on the incense.. loving them. I have found so far that I love Cinnamon and Lavender Vanilla.
13. Well I made it to thirteen and I just got up for the eighth time checking for bear. Beer refill time too.
See ya.
7 comments:
When do you get the new kittens?
Oh, nice. Blame the bears for getting up for a beer refill...
Next time you get the pizza craving, let me know and I'll deliver! Might even restock the beer for you too!
I hope the coyotes managed to get away before they burned the pile!
M~
I think I was on my third beer at about that same time last night...:)
That whole fire issue would've really pissed me off. That close to your house, he really should've said something about it.
Is there any wildlife rehabber you could call about that baby bear?
John~ G frowns on new kittens for some reason :)
Os~ Oh I don't blame the bear, but it helped encourage the beer drinking.
M~..the coyotes were gone, but there was a nest of raccoons. They said they all got out safely. Hopefully.
Stacy~ I'm looking into that actually :)
I'd be worried too... about the fire. But then again... with all the rain... it probably wouldn't spread to much. Oh ya and more rain on the way this weekend. ICK!
hope the weekend is quieter for you... :)
Oh man, that fire thing woulda really ticked me off! They shoulda told you so you could be prepared. Yikes!
Baby bear having no fear? Not so good :( he could become a problem so that kinda sux..
Stacie
Post a Comment