Saturday, June 7

Say Bye Bye














Well, after a very close encounter with this baby this morning, I've been on the phone with some rehabbers and hopefully get her picked up soon.
I found out that they have at least 12 baby cubs born this year already and other Montanans have had the same problem. I guess with hunting season recently ending (bear) that the momma's were killed :(.
Anyway, it was an interesting lesson and hopefully this little one will go somewhere safer soon.

9 comments:

chez bez said...

Cute shot. So skinny.

I'm reading up on bear rehabbers now.

Leesa said...

Yeah he/she is pretty thin. I can't imagine what she gets to eat besides the grass and the scraps of bird seed on the ground.

here's the site I found if you're interested:

http://www.bearrehab.org/forthebears.html

Osbasso said...

There's alot of orphans at the wildlife center here. Wonder if it's coming my way!

Leesa said...

Actually, I think it is. I did talk to someone in Helena too :) That's the facility with the 12 orphans already.

Chris said...

I've been lurking on your site for awhile now and just love your photography. I do photography, but people. LOL. Living in Los Angeles, I don't have the wildlife or scenery that you do. Well, maybe the 'wildlife' but a different kind. LOL. Anyway, I've been showing my 8 and 11 yr. old sons your photos of all the bear and hummers and they just love them. Everyday they ask to see them. So, finally, I decided I should comment. I can't wait to see more!

Leesa said...

Thanks, Chris :)

I definitely found my calling when I moved to MT. I wouldn't have found this "wildlife" in Texas either.

Laura said...

Aw..I guess I didn't realize how little she was. She's just a baby!

Marianna said...

Oh wow, she sure is a little skinny thing! I hope she'll be going to a good home soon!

M~

M said...

aw jeez...
now i'm all sad & shite....
just thinking of this little one being out there wondering where its momma is....

gotta go hug my dog now....i'm such a baby...