The bear goes inside, pulls on that red bag of i-don't-even-want-to-know, and the door closes down trapping them inside.
She left the trap overnight and will check in in the morning. My luck, it will trap one anytime now and I'll have a pissed off bear in there all night.

From what she says, the baby will probably eat all the yuck, and then just howl all night. Which, might attract other bear. heh.
If a big bear gets in there, it will be one pissed off bear and I might see it rocking. yay.

Of course, just like I told her, 15 minutes after she left the big black bear was over checking it out. I just knew he was going to go inside, but he didn't. He snooped around and then ran away. I'm going to guess he's been in one before.
If she does catch the baby, she will take it up into the wilderness and let it go, probably with some kind of animal carcass (yum) and leave it, away from homes and humans and hopefully he'll adjust. Hopefully.

It's pouring here right now and we have a wintry-mix weather advisory tonight.. sigh. I don't think my gardens are going to survive this funky weather.

So... there it is. I'll let ya know what happens :)
**update.. 9:00 pm.. it's already trapped a bear, the wrong one of course. So overnight it will stay and we'll start over tomorrow. yeehaw.
4 comments:
I assume you have a webcam or some other camera hooked up to those jail bars so we can see!
Yeah right. I'm not sure how brave I'll be to walk up to it after one's trapped.
She did guarantee me that they can't get out once in there.
Oh wow, Leesa... It looks like a big bbq pit!
I hope you can get the baby...
M~
Oh yeah, a webcam sounds like a GREAT idea! With night vision! LOL. Let's start a webcam fund for Leesa!! (I live in the concrete jungle of Los Angeles. We get excitement, but not like trapping bear!!)
Post a Comment