Didn't sleep well last night thinking about this one. There she is this morning. Not as angry as I would have thought, but I guess she's had about 12 hours to calm down.
She should be free in about an hour. Bet she never crawls in one of these again :)
We'll try again today for the baby. It's 38 degrees here this morning and there's snow on the trees. Crazy.
I have never seen one of those in my life...a bear trap! I had no idea they even made those (of course, in my neck of the woods, we just have small black bears...and most of those steer VERY clear of people. If they do come around, they just tranquilize them and tote them off. (the bear, that is.....not the people. ;)
I sure hope they get that baby bear before she gets into too much trouble. I was reading your other posts about all the baby bear that have been orphaned and I SO wish I could help! I live in the wrong state for wildlife rehabbing, I really do. *sigh*
I'm home sick today, and was awakened by thunder, rain was dripping off the roof, but the snow was being blown in well enough to coat everything. It's still only 37, and a miserable day on all fronts...
Stacy--the rehab thing with orphans isn't as "fun" as it sounds. They keep human contact at an absolute minimum at the place here.
3 comments:
I have never seen one of those in my life...a bear trap! I had no idea they even made those (of course, in my neck of the woods, we just have small black bears...and most of those steer VERY clear of people. If they do come around, they just tranquilize them and tote them off. (the bear, that is.....not the people. ;)
I sure hope they get that baby bear before she gets into too much trouble. I was reading your other posts about all the baby bear that have been orphaned and I SO wish I could help! I live in the wrong state for wildlife rehabbing, I really do. *sigh*
I'd LOVE to care for one of those baby bears!!!
I'm home sick today, and was awakened by thunder, rain was dripping off the roof, but the snow was being blown in well enough to coat everything. It's still only 37, and a miserable day on all fronts...
Stacy--the rehab thing with orphans isn't as "fun" as it sounds. They keep human contact at an absolute minimum at the place here.
Isn't this weather the worst...
We have bits of snow mixed in with all the friggin rain!!!
Glad the bears aren't injured when they go into that trap...
Hope they are able to help the baby bear...
Cool photos!
Post a Comment