Monday, June 16

The Day of Three Sighs... (so far)













Three big sighs so far today...

First... I woke at 2:30am and couldn't get back to sleep. Should make for a fun draggy day. Sigh.

Second... Since I was up so early, I was able to see the sunrise and just see the goings on that early in the morning. At first light, which I would say was about 5:30-ish, I peeked outside to see the momma bear leaning up against a tree, sitting down and nursing the two babies. (eeps)
I knew if I opened a door she'd move. I grabbed my camera just to see if I could get a pic through the window, but no luck. Too dark and the glass just made it worse :(
It was such a cool sight. Sigh.

Third... I was on the porch ( no camera mind you) feeding the cats and just watching the birds, when I saw a male grossbeak courting a female. I don't know if you've ever seen this, but the males basically dance around the female, showing off, with wings spread. (eeps)
I ran inside for the camera and sure enough he had stopped. I tried once again to capture this dance, but the camera tried to focus on the branch instead of the birds and by the time it captured the birds, he was done. :( Sigh.

Feels like a "Leesa's Law" day... Stay tuned.

7 comments:

Osbasso said...

You need to keep cameras hanging around like fire extinguishers--always one nearby for emergencies!

Nature Girl said...

Finally catching up on all the stuff I missed...Wow. you have all kinds of things going on over there. I'm loving the racoons. How cool! I saw one in VA Beach, but it was acting really odd :(

Yay for baby bears WITH a momma! I hope they don't cause any trouble..too bad this momma couldn't adopt the other little twerp that was causing so much ruckus!
Stacie

... Paige said...

That is too bad maybe next time but not tomorrow.

Deanna said...

I feel your pain... I had a perfect opportunity ripped out of my lense yesterday as a huge blackbear was making his way up through my sisters backyard, on the way back from a visit through the ravine... of course this excited people, which made them yell, and the blackbear high tale away from the noise. I of course was standing there with my camera in my hands. Go figure.

Montana1 said...

Boy. you sure have a lot of cool critters around your place. I've living in Montana for 30 years and only seen a few bears (even when I worked in the hills.) Nice work.

Marianna said...

LOL I agree with Os...
M~

~grey said...

figures.... LOL

hope Tuesday is better for you!