
Not a whole lot exciting around here today.
This one above woke me a few times last night. Actually a couple of things did.
Around 2:30 or so, I heard a beeping. Sounded like a smoke detector notifying me of a low battery. So, of course, I get up to find it, since it will continue to remind me.
I went to all of them and could not find the source of the beeping. I was also a little dazed and confused so that didn't help. Eventually, after much walking around the dark house like a dork, I found it. It was the carbon monoxide detector. So, I just unplugged it and decided I'd deal with it in the morning.
I crawled back into bed and fell to sleep quickly.
It started beeping again. Seems, even unplugged, it wants to remind me.
I got up, took the battery out. Went back to bed.
Little while later, I heard what sounded like the largest maracas I'd ever heard in my life. It jolted me and Taylor right out of bed. Took me a few minutes to realize it was coming from outside.
I finally hushed Taylor up and went to see what this was. I realized quickly that it was the bear, but for the life of me I could not figure out what he had. I
scared him, so he was running around the yard with this "new toy".
Besides that fact that it was like 4am, it was actually funny. He ran off into the woods and I could still hear him rattling, or breaking this toy.
As I crawled back into bed, I couldn't get it out of my mind trying to figure out what he had. I knew I didn't leave any feeders out. It bugged me for a while.
Until...
I remembered....
I had left on the porch, a big plastic jar of peanuts that I had filled a feeder up with earlier. That was the rattling. And the cracking.
You have to laugh, right?
I finally went back to sleep, only to be awoken around 6am when Trout (after escaping again) decided to sit in the window sill and scream at me until I let him in. Sigh.
Life with animals :)
5 comments:
I slept the whole nite thru! First time in EONS! :)
Your monitor beeping reminded me of a Friends episode I saw recently ~ of Phoebe beating the crap outa her smoke detector & nothing would shut it up... I could just see you with a hammer!
M~
You are taking the bear with you when you move, arent you?
I mean, what will keep you from getting a full nights sleep if you DONT?
LOL
It sounds like you are going to need a nice NAP today:)
A totally new take on "the peanut gallery" - LOL!
Just think how boring our lives would be without the furry buddies. :)
LOL
So nice of you to leave him 'toys'.
I had to laugh at the beeping episode... I did the same thing recently.
Post a Comment