Monday, June 18

I'm Home.. Sort Of












You look across the dinner table at "Life" and think to yourself, "What in the world are you up to?"
Life, just looks back grinning at you, saying, "Can you pass the butter"?
~Jann Arden


Just as I thought, the drive today was not fun.
I don't sleep well in hotels, so I was pretty sleepy. Add to that heavy rain for awhile, moving onto sunny and 70's, which actually made the truck kind of warm, and then back to rain. I had several moments of sleepiness and stopped to get something to drink or snack on. Also, seems my left wiperblade is being funky, of course right in my line of sight.

It's interesting so far my feeling on both places. I didn't want to leave the new place. I just had gotten furniture, and added my own small touches to make it "me". But when I drove into my driveway here, I was home too. Everything was so green, my gardens are doing really well, and I had animals everywhere happy to see me.

Sitting in my bed with my laptop and several animals snoozing around me, this is comfy too. They are happy I'm home, and of course it's "home" with them in it. But... I could head back tomorrow and be happy too :)
I guess it just boils down to the fact that I'm extremely lucky to be able to do both.

I sat online today with Comcast trying to set up my internet/cable/phone. These have to be the times when I feel most stupid. I always get questions I don't know and it's frustrating. I've lived many places and set up many services and this was the hardest to set up. Is it me, or are there just too many options?
Or, am I just tired and crabby from my drive? I dunno. Could be.

Anyway, it should be up and running soon, and then with a few odds and ends, a couple of plants, a few photos here and there, it will be ready to live in.

Oh and cats... it will need cats :)

5 comments:

Marianna said...

You definitely are lucky to have the opportunity to feel happy about both homes. Having that sense of "home" is so important. I don't feel that here anymore... this isn't my "home".

I'm glad you made it home ~ I wish I had called you! Falling asleep while driving is not fun!

M~

Nature Girl said...

I'm glad you made it "home" safe and sound! I agree...a house is not a home untill it has cats in it. I think I would have been antsy leaving so soon too if I was just getting into the decorating groove.
Stacie

~grey said...

aaahhh.... I love your Jann Arden quote... she is the best!

It's great that you have two places that you can feel so comfy in... but it would also feel, I don't know, a bit confusing or weird. Maybe it is just me...LOL

Setting up and cancelling services these days is just one big headache! Good luck!

Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

That is just so cool! I'm jealous...but happy for you! ;)

Michael said...

I just want to see pics of your new uber TV... ;-)

Ok, animal photos are ok too! Mailboxes with bullet holes I wasn't expecting...