Thursday, June 21

Call 911

So I had an eventful morning.

I wake up to Sinclair just hollering about something. I finally get up to see why.
She's looking out the window as she's doing this.
So, naturally, I go outside. Trout, who escaped the house, is hollering also. From WAY WAY up in the tree. And boy, is he mad.

There's no way for me to get to him without possibly injuring myself, especially being home alone, so I just wait him out. I brought the laptop outside and sat on the porch, so he could see me and want to come down.















I finally gave up (after video of course:) and came inside for a bit. He's a cat, he'll get out of the tree, right?
When all of a sudden I heard this huge THUD on the roof. He had jumped from the tree to the roof. Oh, yay.
So after a lot of hollerin' on the roof, I went and hauled the HUGE ladder over to the house, climbed up and rescued this little dork.
















This is the second time this has happened to me. The first time I had two goofballs up in the tree at the same time, middle of August, and just about the same situation.
Only difference is I did brave the ladder alone and got the two out. After much kitty suffering of course. I didn't want them doing this again.

And they didn't :)

Video coming soon.

6 comments:

Osbasso said...

Thank God you got video! Don't suppose you set that on a tripod so we could watch you with the ladder, did you?

Michael said...

My philosophy on animals in trees is that if they get hungry enough, they will figure out a way down!

Marianna said...

Well, what a goofy kitty! What's he thinking ~ you'll bring him food up there?! LOL

Our firefighters are not allowed to go rescue kitties in trees anymore.

M~

Moosekahl said...

Don't you just hate that look they give you..."I got up here, but I really really don't know how to get down". Do you think they "really" don't know or are they just laughing at us when we come clattering up the ladder?

Anonymous said...

Kitties will do the damndest things - and expect you to fix it! Good mommy you are though.

~grey said...

I had to laugh....
kitty in trouble and you grab the camera....
I wouldn't have gone up the ladder either.... bet he won't be doing that again soon.