Thursday, January 24

Still Snowy, Still Cold













Not much to talk about. We're still below zero at nights and single digits during the day. Actually I think we've made it up to 14 today. The winds started this morning too and it's just miserable. Beautiful, blue skies and all, but miserable.
Hauling in wood is OH SO FUN.

I was thinking last night that I'm kind of living the life in Groundhog Day. Each day (well, in winter at least) is the same. I do the same.thing.every.day. I know we all have our routines, but this is kinda sad to me.
I've meant to get out a few times the last week or so, but the temps just make it no fun. And, with the temps and all the snow the roads aren't the greatest. I did add in the treadmill, but that's about an hour if that.

Oh and tragic news :
See the icicles above? Yeah, I had to stand on something, I'm not saying what, to get a similar shot and I slipped. My camera was in one hand, my remote in the other. Luckily, if you can call it that, I landed on the hand with the remote and broke it :(. I loved that remote.
But, I guess I'm thankful it wasn't the hand with my camera.
That's my excitement for the week.

25 comments:

John said...

Are we supposed to guess what you were standing on? Was it a snowman?

Leesa said...

Lol..no. But if I told you what I was standing on, I'd get a lot of grief :)

Laura said...

You were standing on boxes of Heineken!!!

And when I read that at first I thought you broke your hand!!! That'd be all you need. Gah!
~L.

Phaedrous said...

Do you cross-country ski? Looks like it would be a perfect place for that.

P

Leesa said...

Laura~ that's always a fear, that I'll break something while here alone. Nope, not heineken :)

Phaedrous~ yes I do, and I love it. But with the cold, the snow is really hard right now so not very good for cross-country.

John said...

Who gives you grief?

Leesa said...

Anyone if they found out how I got that shot :)

John said...

A log meant for the fire? Frozen cat? One of your fans?

Leesa said...

Nope, Nope, and Nope. :P

Nature Girl said...

Now I'M curious! LOL....I'm glad it wasn't your hand that was broke..that's how I read it at first..after I realized YOU were alright, I'm glad it was the remote and not the camera!

Were you stading on an excercise ball? Horse trough? Hay bale?

Marianna said...

Oh my gosh... I thought you were going to say you dropped your camera!

Was it that plastic box you've posted pics of before ~ the one the bear got in to?

M~

Leesa said...

You guys are funny :)

Nope you're all wrong. This is probably something you wouldn't imagine me standing on to take a photo...and man, don't tell G :)

And M.. the bear killed that box.

Nature Girl said...

OMG! Was it the RAILING???? TELL me you were not standing on the railing in that ice and snow! That's it isn't it? (I say this with confidence because that is soooo what I would've stood on!)

Stacy The Peanut Queen said...

Holy crap...for a second, I thought you meant you broke your HAND!!!

Were you standing on the hood for your truck?? Bad, bad idea!

Anonymous said...

OK, tell us!! I've got to know what you were standing on....

And don't you dare tell me that you broke that camera. If you ever do, just don't tell me....

John said...

You stood on G's Banjo?

manababies said...

Thank goodness you're okay! A broken remote is replaceable (I got a new one on ebay for $25!). But a broken limb would totally suck... even moreso than a broken camera though to be honest I think your 5D is built to last such crazy antics. :)

~grey said...

Thank goodness it was your remote... I (like everyone else) thought it was your hand... Hope it is easily replaceable... and not to expensive.

My first thought was the railing... I won't yell at you or cause you grief... Cause I do silly things all the time.

Leesa said...

No, I wasn't on the railing, I at least know better than that. I was on the second level, so that for sure would have been risking it.

I'm actually surprised some of the guys haven't guess it yet :)

Osbasso said...

Duh...it was the hot tub. Right?

Leesa said...

lol..no not the hot tub, even though I have stood on it before.

Come on.... what could I stand on, on the deck, that hubs wouldn't be too happy about?

Nature Girl said...

I'm stumped now if it wasn't the railing. BBQ Grill? (though I would think that would be a bit awkward) Deckchair? I'm overlooking something...
Stacie

Leesa said...

Yes, Stace! I was on the grill :)

John said...

Did you use your ladder to get on the grill? That's got to be twice as tall as you.

Nature Girl said...

Oh Lordy! Now I know why you don't want Hubs to know! LOL...I wouldn't either! and that whole awkward thing...I guess that's why you fell off...
Stacie